Chapter 4: The Devil's Ring

i tried guys . . . honestly I did. Now I want to dedicate to two people but i cant. So @Katybug1337 made the cover and ZjCooper for helping me out with voting. hope you like anyways

forest

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alexa’s POV

          I woke up in a doctor’s office. There was little light, but I could look around. When I tried to move, a shock of pain spread through my body.  The sound of steady footsteps slowly approached to the right side of the table. I looked down and saw my slits where sealed with a gauze.  Adam’s figure soon became visible.

          “Don’t move, you’ll only make it worse.”

          “Where’s Madeline?” I asked resting my head on the table.

          Adam never knew what her real name was. The whole story she told me about what happened repeated in my mind. It felt like there was no such thing as “safety” anymore. Adam gripped my hand. I let out a deep breath.

          “She’s dead, but I did grab these,” He pulled out her knife and gun.

          “And my family?”

          “No word or seeing of them.”

          A tear slowly fell down my face. The noise of glass shattered in the other room. Adam got up, then helped me up. A Walker came into the light. The gun went off. “We have to go,” He whispered.

          We took off, but when we reached the street, Walkers covered the whole street.

          “Shit,” He whispered.

          “What?”

          “We’re trapped.”

          Now I’m really panicked. Adam grabbed my hand tighter. More glass shattered.

          “Can you hold a gun?”

          “What?” I asked as he turned to me.

          “Can you?” He yelled.

          “Yes.”

          Adam handed me the gun. I took a deep breath. Walkers moved into the flickering of the light. I shot at them while Adam sliced up the one’s coming through the front. He handed me a six bullets. “Shoot at the head.”

          I took his advice and shot at the head. He snuck the bullets into my pocket. The Walkers kept getting close. As soon as one got near, I kicked it . . . hard. After several minutes, it was finally over. I collapsed on the ground. One from being weak, two from all the Walkers. Adam helped me up. 

          We stepped outside and headed for the woods. When we got there, we saw people sitting by a fire. Their shadowy figures turned to us. One slowly got up and walked towards us.

          “Oh my!” I heard the voice called.

          I looked around the person pulled me into a hug. When she pulled away, it was my mom. “Mom, is that you?”

          She nodded and tears fell down my face. “My baby,” She cried.

          My mother helped me to my family. She looked at my arms when we reached the fire. “What happened to your arms?”