Chapter 11: To the Rescue

I hate this chapter that's all!

forest

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alexa’s POV

          All I saw was whiteness. It blurred my vision as someone pushed me onto a chair. My legs were tied to the legs of the chair, and my wrists were wrapped behind me.

          “I’m sorry for making it painful, darling,” The guard whispered.

          “What do you want with me?” I asked through tears and the taste of blood.

          “Nothing, just a little something,” he sighed. “I just need to ask you, have you seen your parents recently?”

          “What? I haven’t seen my parents in three weeks!”

          The guard slapped me hard across the face. “No need for that, is there?” I felt my face turn numb from crying. “Once you tell me where they are at, I won’t let you eat, drink, or sleep. You got that?”

          “Yes, sir,” He pulled the chair straight from underneath me, ripping the ropes in half which held my feet to the chair.

          I watched the guard leave the room, and slam the door shut. Bright lights washed over me. My eyes burned from the light. In my head, I heard screaming and crying. One of the screams was my mother. I heard the buzzing from the lights above me. The screams faded. What was this guard going to do with me? There could be many different reasons why he decided to take me away from my boyfriend and brother. Jackson came into my mind. He’s too young to die. The nurse better being helping him, or I will kill her. The lights above me shone brighter by the minute. I looked around the room to see if I could find a place to keep warm. Then I saw the back right hand corner. It was behind a wooden crate so I could stay in there. I crawled to the hiding spot, and stayed there.

          Screaming erupted above me. “Walkers!” Someone yelled.

          Gun shots blew up above me. The noise echoed in my ears. Tears rolled down my face. I wonder if Adam is far away from here. If he isn’t, he will get himself killed. The guards went quite, and the room went silent. I heard the door open, and the bright lights lowered to dimmer lights. I sunk in the shadows. “Here kitty, kitty,” I heard the guard that kidnapped me cooed. “Where are you? You don’t to be scared. I just want talk with you.”

          I kept my tears from falling down. The guard started ripping apart the room. He screamed, and removed everything that was in his way. Once he ripped the crate I was behind, he spotted me. “There you are little one.”

          I swallowed hard. He roughly picked me up. I cried in pain as he grabbed my arm. It was the arm I injured in the car wreck after we left the sheriff’s house. The guard pulled me up so close; I could read his name tag. Jefferson is what his name was. He threw me to the ground, as I skidded across the wood.

          “I need you to sign something,” He said walking up to me.

          “Never,” I whispered in pain.

          “What was that?” Jefferson sat me up against the wall.

          “Never!” I kicked him in the place many men don’t want to be kicked.

          I picked myself up painfully, and ran towards the door. Turning myself around, I wrapped my hands around the handle. It was locked. Jefferson tackled me to the ground, causing me to bang my head to the ground. He dragged me down the stairs and started beating me up. Blood seeped from my mouth and nose. I felt him kicking me. He kicked me up against the wall right next to me.

          Jefferson wiped my blood from his knuckles, and walked out. I coughed up a lot of blood. Painfully, I crawled back to my hiding place and hid there. The cold wooden floor sent shivers through me. I felt blood drip from my scraped elbow. My eyes began to close until the door opened to my room opened. The lights dimmed and shone bright again. My eyes are bloodshot from the few days I haven’t slept. First day was the bus, second day was last night, and now it’s night again with no sleep.

          The sound of my mother filled my ears. She appeared in front of me, and helped me up. The other guard gave her a cup of water.

          “Mom, is that you?”

          “Yes, it is me,” She pulled me into a hug. “What did they do to you?” She asked with concern. 

          “His partner,” I whispered and looked at the guard next to the door.

          My mother looked at him, and he nodded. “I will never hurt her, I promise,” The guard said.

          She looked back at me, and helped me drink some water. When my mom pulled away the cup, I asked her Adam is helping her. “No. Your father and I saw you being taken away.”

          “Time’s up ma’am.”

          My mother gave me a hug, and left me alone. I gasped in pain. It felt like nothing could help me. I was scared to live, scared to breathe. The sudden noise of gun shots blew up above me. There was a noise at the door. I saw the door blow open, and Jefferson was standing in the door way. He grabbed onto my injured arm and pulled me up, clamping his hand over my mouth. Adam appeared, and his eyes turned wide.

          “You move one muscle, I blow her head off,” Jefferson but his gun to my head.

          “You better not,” Adam whispered.

          The gun got loaded. Adam’s father appeared in the door way. Jefferson bashed the gun into my head, and knocked me to the ground. Adam lunged at him, and punched him hard in the face. Jefferson kicked Adam hard in the face, also. I watched my boyfriend go limp on the ground. Jefferson grabbed Adam’s gun and killed Adam’s father. As his father fell to the ground, the door slammed shut. I watched Jefferson move closer to me. He sat me against the wall, and started kissing my face.

          Jefferson was interrupted when the door busted open, “Stop!” One of the guards yelled. “Put your hands in the air!” Jefferson groaned and put his hands in the air. “Nicholas Jefferson, you are under arrest for killing a person with no rights and for sexually assaulting a person younger than twenty-five!”

          The guard pushed Jefferson to the ground. Adam slowly opened his eyes and groaned in pain. One of the guards helped me up and walked me to the infirmary. Jefferson lied to me. He tricked me in thinking he was an actual cop, but Adam knew he wasn’t. His lies circled my head. When I walked into the infirmary with the guard, I saw Jackson. Adam followed behind me. A nurse walked over as the guard laid me down on the bed.

          “What happened?” The nurse asked, hooking wires up to me.

          “Our own guard tried to kill her. He had her locked up for at least three days.”

          The nurse asked me my name.

          “Alexa Hanes,” Adam said for me.

          “Um, who are you?”

          “I’m family,” He lied.

          The nurse nodded and walked away. The guard left Adam and me alone. He walked up to my bed and grabbed my hand. “You’ll be fine,” He promised. “I guarantee it.”

          Adam kissed me on the forehead and walked off.