Chapter 10: Taken

Hope you like

forest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alexa’s POV

          “They’re coming! Hurry, get back to the house!”

          “What is going on?” I cried.

          Men with guns took my parents away. I felt shaky and weak. This was an all out war. The men with guns picked me up and took me away. “No!” I cried. “Let me out!”

          There was a sudden stop that caused me to bash into the right hand wall. The truck I was in tipped over and caused a loud crash. Glass shattered from the windows in front of me. I huddled in a corner and cried. The glass cut up my arms and face. A shadow looked in, but didn’t see me. “Zuhören!”

          It made no sense. The guy looked in. “Welche?”

          I watched the man rip open the door. The light poured onto me. “Hello, Alexa Hanes,” He said in a German accent. “It’s nice to see you.”

          “Please, I need to find my parents,” A guy put a hood over my head, and took me away.

          I woke up with a jolt. I looked around and I was still in the house. Screams erupted from the kitchen. Gun shots blew up in the room. I got up and ran over to the kitchen. Walkers started coming in. “Alexa,” The sheriff yelled. “Get your brother out of here! Adam is in the car!”

          I nodded, picked Jackson, up and ran off. Adam opened the back for me and I laid Jackson down. I closed the door and got in the front seat. Walkers followed behind the car. I secretly grabbed one of the sheriff’s guns when everyone was sleeping. Jackson woke from the back seat. I rolled down the window and sat on the window slot, holding onto the handle above my seat. Adam kept swerving to avoid objects from the storm in the road. I kept shooting; the loudness rang in my ears.

          The Walkers were all dead. I slid back into the car. Jackson pulled himself up to my seat.

          “We’re not going to live, are we?” He asked eyes wide.

          “Um,” I looked at the mob of Walkers. “Roll up the windows!” I rolled up the windows.

          The Walkers were crashing into the windshield, causing the glass to rain onto the floor. I told Jackson to look at the ground. He obeyed my orders as I grabbed onto the rectangular holder in the car next to me. The Walkers were gone, but Adam started swerving. I grabbed onto the steering wheel and he slammed on the breaks. He got out and slammed the car door.

          “What’s wrong?” I asked him.

          He removed his hands from his face. “I got glass in my eyes.”

          “Is it out?”

          “Yes, it fell out when I slammed the breaks.”

          I checked out his eyes. They where blood shot, and swollen. I looked at the ground. The left over wind, from the storm, made me shiver. Adam wrapped his hands around me.

          “Come on,” He whispered. “We have to get Jackson to safety.”

          I nodded and walked to the car. I stopped at the driver side door. “There will be more.”

          “What?”

          “There will be more Walkers. There is no safe place anymore.”

          “Don’t say that,” Adam whispered.

          I got in the car and slammed the door shut. Something was coming up from the street. Adam got in and closed the door. I pushed down on the gas and plowed through the crowd of zombies. Jackson started to cry. The steering wheel went left and then I went right. The wheel suddenly took control and yanked it left again. I slammed on the breaks, and the car skidded. It hit the ditch and started rolling backwards.

          The back of the car slammed into a tree and caused the tree to fall on top of the car. Jackson got to the floor before he got crushed by the dented roof. The driver side of the car crashed into the next tree. Glass flew into my face. I cried in pain as glass got stuck into my skin. Adam reached for my hand. Jackson crawled underneath the roof and kicked his door out. It took him a couple tries, but he got the door out. He opened Adam’s door, and Adam looked at me. “Hold on, we’ll get you out.”

          Adam got out and I was in the car by myself. His wonderful presence didn’t surround me anymore. Adam busted the window open to the back driver side door. “Alex, give me your hand,” Adam held out his hand.

          I grabbed it, and he pulled me out. Jackson helped me to the ground. Some of the loose glass had fallen off of my skin, but I still cried. Adam got me out and helped me stand. I faced my little brother.

          “Jackson, can you do me a favor?”

          “Yeah, anything,” He looked at me with his worried look.

          “I need you to go get help. Try to find someone. Can you do that?”

          “I’ll try,” He headed off.

          Adam pulled some of the pieces of glass from my arm. I haven’t got much sleep recently and my eyes are blood shot and red. Adam pulled me close. He gave me a little kiss on my lips. I pulled away as soon as he got aggressive.

          “No,” I whispered, letting go of his wrists.

          “No what?”

          “I’m not having that moment. I am really sorry.”

          Adam nodded and looked at the ground. “It’s fine.”

          I walked away from him and went to the top of the hill. Jackson was gone from view. He better stay out of trouble.

Jackson’s POV

          The sound of tires skidded to my direction. I look behind me and saw two men in black uniforms come out of a bus. They held AR 15 Assault Rifles. The two men approached me quickly. I started running back towards, Alex. When I looked behind me, the two men where on my heels. They tackled me to the ground, and held their rifles to my head.  “You’re coming with us,” One of the men cuffed my wrists. He picked me up and pushed me to the bus.

          “Let go of me!”

          “Jackson Hanes,” One of the men said. “We are here to take you to your new family.”

          I struggled out the man’s grip. “Let me go!”

          “Tell me where your sister is!” The man pulled me to a sudden stop. “Or I will blow your brains out.”

          The man loaded the gun and pulled the trigger.