Welcome to the Apocalypse

hope you like

forest

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Alexa’s POV

          I sat on the couch, scrolling through the boring T.V shows. My parents weren’t home as usual, busy with work and other things. Once I found a good T.V show on, the doorbell rang. I groaned and threw the remote on the couch, but I was honestly too lazy to get up. When I looked through the painted glass, I saw my boyfriend. He has brown hair and hazel eyes. I forced myself up and walked over and unlocked the door.

          “You know you can’t be here without my parents being here,” I rested my head against the dark auburn colored door.

          “I know, but can I come in?”

          “Why?”

          “I need to tell you something.”

          “Uh,” I scoffed. I heard a car pull up onto the driveway. “Shit! Get in and hide!”

          Adam got in and hid. My dad walked in with my brother. He was thirteen, but still a brat.

          “Hey, honey,” My dad hung up his coat and gave me a hug.

          “So where were you and Jackson?”

          Dad looked at my brother who was snooping around the kitchen. “Well,” He started. “His teacher called yesterday that he was having problems with school recently, so we went in today and talked with her.”

          “Okay, but today is Saturday.”

          Dad sighed, “Just go watch some T.V.”

          “What? Is there something you’re not telling me?”

          “No, I just don’t feel good.”

          Dad walked upstairs and slammed his door shut. I stomped my foot on the ground, and turned around. Jackson has disappeared into his room, too. I walked back over to the T.V and sat down. Adam reappeared. He quietly opened the door, and then quietly closed it. I looked at the clock and it read one-thirty in the afternoon. This day is going to be a very, very long.

I woke up to the sound of the door opening. Quietly, I groaned to myself. I poked my up to see who was entering.

          “Jackson!” I called.

          He sighed. “Can I leave the house for a minute?” He begged.

          “Where’s Dad?”

          “He’s upstairs in his office.”

          “Fine, but make sure you bring your phone.”

          Jackson left and then there was pure silence. I lay back down and closed my eyes. There was the sound of the T.V, along with the birds chirping outside. I looked back at the clock, three-thirty. The usual process I do is get up from the couch and drive over to my friend’s house, but my plans changed.

          Adam texted me to meet him at Poppy’s Restaurant. I yelled up to my dad to tell him that I was leaving. He called back down and I ran out of the house. It took me about fifteen minutes to get there. Adam waited outside by the steps. As soon as I pulled up, he looked up. I turned off the car engine and got out, quickly locking my door. There was the sound of chirping birds along on the ocean side. Adam walked up to me. He smiled his sweet smile.

          “Come on,” He said, leading the way like a prince. “Right this right way.”

          “Aw, did you set something up?”

          Adam chuckled, “Maybe.”

          Adam’s Dad worked at this restaurant, yet he made Adam mostly run it by himself. He’s really lucky that his dad will work in for him. Adam covered my eyes and we slowly started walking towards Poppy’s Restaurant. When the doors opened, a wide verity’s of smells filled the small restaurant. From sea food to baked goods, it was really like paradise. Adam reveled what lies ahead.

          A table full of food lay before me. “Adam, you shouldn’t have done this!”

          “Well, my father did help,” He whispered.

          As if on cue, his dad came up next to me. This is going to be a good night.