Breaking Ranks

((Hello it's me from 8/28/2020! Meant to upload this at 3 but I got delayed with pin drops. Sorry about that!))

Haven't watched this episode in a long time, excited to write it with Ky.

I'm working on art for "season 1" of this story, so that should be out this weekend. I'll start doing art per chapter eventually

Enjoy

Hello it's me from halfway writing this. Just realized I screwed up the comm stuff.... Ezra would be Spectre 7 technically with Ky on the Ghost. Excuse my mistake, I'm gonna go back and fix a lot of it later today or tomorrow.
- - -

Lothal was once peaceful, once upon a time. But times change, and the Empire holds control over the planet. TIEs fly over the city, there's always something happening at the Imperial Complex. Today it was cadet training, as one of the Imperial officers brought a new squad of cadets to their inspection.

"And, halt!" He commanded, as the group stopped in sync. He stood in front of them, "Squad LRC-077 for your inspection sir."

Another officer stood above them, holding some sort of control, "Cadets. You entered this facility as children, and in a few short weeks you will leave as solders. By the time you complete your training, you will be prepared to serve your Emperor." He told them the same speech he had to tell every squad of cadets. He looked over each of them as he continued, "today we will test your strength and resolve. Are you ready to become stormtroopers?"

The group straightened up, yelling in unison, "Sir, yes sir!"

"At ease."

Some of the cadets muttered amongst themselves, others took off their helmets to get a better look around. In the front line, on the edge, a certain blue haired boy looked around at his fellow cadets.

- - -

Ezra Bridger looked down at his reflection in the helmet, a little shocked that he was here. Never once he believed he would join the academy.

"Dev..." someone was saying, "hey Dev. Dev." The cadet next to Ezra grabbed his shoulder to get his attention,

"What?" Ezra asked, looking over to the brown haired boy.

The boy smiled back, "Dev Morgan, you in there?"

Ezra chuckled, "Oh, yeah. Dev Morgan's in here alright," He looked back at his helmet, "that's me."

"Wow..." the boy continued, "you must really be feeling the pressure."

"Sorry Jai," Ezra smirked, "who's under pressure? Not the guy who's won every assessment."

"Yeah, but today I can taste victory." Jai replied, playfully pushing Ezra.

"You said that yesterday and went hungry." Era reminded him, as they pushed each other around. The floor beneath them dropped, as all the cadets watched in confusion as their officers became farther away.

"Cadets," the slim officer explained, "you are descending into the Well, and must climb out with all deliberate speed," The cadets looked at the officers from the bottom of the Well, "you will he giving the honor of serving as aides in Imperial Headquarters. Those who lost, will be serving Taskmaster Grint and wish they'd stayed at the bottom of that well."

"I'm taking that prize." Jai smirked, looking at his components. Another cadet with his helmet still on pushed Jai,

"Not today, Kell."

Ezra pushed the boy back, "Back off, Oleg."

"You too, Morgan." Oleg warned him, pointing at both Ezra and Jai, "you're both going down."