Empire Day

No clue what exactly will happen during this episode, but we'll see. If I remember correctly the Ghost crew had fairly equal amounts of screen time, so Ky will be getting about the same as the rest. 

Enjoy! Also if you search "ky-syndulla" on tumblr you'll see an account for her, with links to stuff, some art, and other fun things.

- - - 

Sabine watched from the distance as Ezra and Kanan continued with their training in the fields of Lothal. The Mandalorian did not follow Hera and the rest inside the bar, as she was fairly intrigued in what Kanan and Ezra were doing, as she leaned against the building and watched quietly. It's not like they could tell she was watching from how far away she was.

"Step outside of yourself," Kanan began, "make a connection with another being."

"Can we do this another day?" Ezra groaned, looking up to his master. Kanan bent down and picked up a nearby stone, 

"We can do it now, focus."

"Just throw the rock..." Ezra turned to the fields with his hands outstretched, listening as the rock hit something. A lothcat's ears could be seen through the tall grass, as it growled and jumped out at them. Ezra watched it, backing up a little, "I don't think it wants to connect..."

"You're resisting," Kanan replied, "he can sense it."

"He can sense it?" the boy looked back to his master, "what is he, like, a Padawan cat?" The lothcat growled again, pouncing right onto Ezra's face. The boy fell back onto the ground, as Kanan chuckled a little, 

"You don't seem to be getting this..."

Ezra struggled to defend himself from the lothcat, "I get that this fur-ball is trying to kill me!" The boy grabbed the lothcat and threw it back to the edge of the grass, quickly standing up, "give me your lightsaber and I'll make the connection!"

"Excuse me?" Kanan rose a brow, annoyed by his padawan's antics.

Ezra looked at him for a moment, then sighed, "Sorry... I just, don't see the point of this."

"The point, is that you're not alone," the Jedi explained, reaching his hand out, "you're connected to every living thing in the universe. But to discover that, you have to let your guard down." Ezra looked to the lothcat as Kanan continued, "you have to be willing to attach to others."

The lothcat sat in front of them, meowing, as if it wasn't the same creature attacking Ezra moments ago.

"And what if I can't?" Ezra glanced back to Kanan.

"If you hang on to your past, if you always try to protect yourself," the Jedi put his hand down, "you'll never be a Jedi."

"Then maybe I'll never be a Jedi..."

"Whatever's going on with you, you need to spill it."

"I'm sorry Kanan," Ezra frowned, "I don't mean to wear you out. Today's not a good day... it's never a good day."

Kanan rose a brow, "Today?"

"Empire Day..."

The lothcat looked around, growling a little and running back into the fields as three TIE's came into view, heading towards the town. Ezra looked back to his master, "What are so many TIEs doing out here this far?"

"Nothing good," Kanan responded, as they ran into the town, "come on."

- - - 

The TIEs landed outside of Old Jho's bar, as Kanan and Ezra ran inside from the back door before they could be seen. The three stormtrooper pilots walked around, as ezra reached for his slingshot. Kanan put his hand out, stopping him from doing something dangerous,