Idiot's Array

Long time no updates.

And that's on me wanting to be writing season 3, and also wanting to write these chronologically.

Enjoy!

- - -

Jho's bar was nearly empty, but sitting at one of the center tables, were three customers playing a friendly round of Sabacc.

A droid next to the lasat at the table grumbled, as the lasat shot him a glare,

"Right," he said sarcastically, "like I'd let a droid tell me how to play Sabacc." He picked up the credits in front of them, tossing them in the middle of the table, "I'm in."

C1-10P banged his dome against the table in annoyance, as Kanan Jarrus glanced over from the counter to them. He looked back to Jho,

"It doesn't have to be a big job Jho," he muttered, "just something to put fuel in the Ghost and food in our bellies."

"Sorry Kanan," Jho walked over to him, "got nothing. But the stranger playing with Zeb over there, said he was looking to hire a ship and crew. Go talk to him." Kanan tossed a few credits on the table to pay for his drink, nodding to his friend as he left the bar and went to Zeb. The stranger in question shoved some more credits into the center pile, as the rosins threw his cards down and stormed away from the table.

Zeb smirked, "Guess it's down to you and me." He looked down for a second as Kanan walked over, "except, it seems I'm all outta creds. So..." he continued as Chopper mocked Zeb, "I'll bet my droid."

Chopper looked to the lasat, beeping a bunch of curses to him. Kanan shook his head,

"Woah, you can't bet Chopper! He's..." Kanan paused as Zeb showed him the cards, whistling in amazement.

"See? I can't lose," Zeb whispered, "and you know we need the credits."

"Right..." Kanan said as Chopper continued to argue with them. He looked back to the cards, then to Zeb, "do it."

Zeb gave Kanan a nod, looking back to his opponent, "So, do we have a bet?"

The man laughed a little, "We do."

"Sabacc!" Zeb laughed, reaching his paws out to grab the credits, "I win!"

"Not so fast," the stranger put his hand out, throwing the cards down as he came out of the shadows, "it appears I have an Idiots Array. Which makes you, well..."

"And what does that make you?" Zeb growled.

The man smirked, leaning forwards, "Name's Calrissian. Lando Calrissian," he looked to Zeb, "now please, introduce me to my new droid."

- - -

Chopper beeped angrily as he rolled up the ramp of the Ghost, where Sabine and Hera were messing with one of the speeders, and Ezra was levitating his helmet with Ky watching over him.

"Hi," Zeb put his hands up in defeat as Hera looked to him, "I can explain."

"Explain what?" The twi'lek rose a brow.

"Hera. Sabine, Ky, Ezra," Kanan spoke up, "this is Lando Calrissian. He needs a fast ship to move some cargo past the Imperial Blockade of Lothal." Lando bowed a little, as Ezra and Ky shared a look before glaring the man down.