Vision of Hope

I HAVE MOTIVATION LETS GOOOOOOO

- - -

"You've got the blocking down for the most part," the Master began, as droid, Mandalorian, and lasat, fired their weapons at the padawan, "but you shouldn't just randomly deflect the energy any which way. You've yet to hit the target I gave you."

The boy rolled his eyes underneath his helmet, continuing to dodge and deflect the shots fired in his way,

"Yet. Key word is yet."

Kanan sighed, putting his hand on his temple before waving his arms and walking towards his padawan once the blasters stopped firing. The rest watched them closely, Sabine spinning her twin blasters and putting them in their designated holsters.

"You're distracted, impatient," Kanan told him, "what's your rush?"

Ezra sighed, opening the visor on his helmet so he could see Kanan better,

"I don't want to miss Senator Trayvis' transmission."

"You don't even know if he'll transmit today."

"He's been on more frequencies lately," Ezra turned to Kanan, "and, I have a feeling. Today's the day."

"Well," Kanan smirked, "I have a feeling you're gonna her stunned if you don't stay in the moment. This moment."

Ezra groaned, rolling his eyes once more as he ignited his lightsaber, flipping the visor back down. Sabine, Zeb, and Chopper began firing once again, all three of the enjoying it a little more then they should. Kanan shook his head as Ezra clumsily dodged the bolts, the helmet remaining on the rock untouched.

"You there!"

Ezra flipped the visor back open, looking around for the source of the voice.

"Senator you're in terrible danger."

"Put your saber down, boy. Now!"

"The Empire knows you're here."

"Stay close Senator."

Ezra continued deflecting the shots, the world around him becoming blurry.

"You want me to go in there?"

The boy's eyes rolled to the back of his head, a display of images in front of him. Himself and a cadet, Zare probably, being cornered by stormtroopers. His friends and... Senator Trayvis? Heading into the sewers?

"Your parents were very brave."

Ezra gasped, his eyes opening. He was no longer in the sewers, he was back in the fields where he was training. Kanan was standing over him, placing a hand on Ezra's shoulder as the boy sat up,

"Ugh... I got stunned didn't I?"

"No," Kanan responded, "you deflected every blast back at the target."

Ezra looked over to the helmet spinning on the ground, the scuff marks from blasters still smoking.

"I saw something..."

"Saw? You had a vision?" Kanan's eyes widened as he spoke.

"I saw Gall Trayvis. Kanan, he knew my parents!"