Chapter 9

- Victor - 

"Hey, Simon. I know this may be me being paranoid, AND I know that you still haven't messaged me back from my last message. I don't want to come across like a crazy person, but Benji's best friend sent me this image of him and his ex-boyfriend Derek talking. Benji didn't tell me anything, and when I confronted him with it, he just played it off. What should I do? Love Victor." I typed quickly as Felix and I walk into Brasstown for our shift.

Felix stops me at the door, "Hey, you seem off. You didn't say anything this whole walk into work. What's going on?" I stop as I step in the door and say, "Dillon sent me a photo of Benji and... Derek." Felix lets out the loudest exaggerated gasp and says, "I am sure they were talking about the band-" I interrupt him loudly, "THAT'S WHAT BENJI TOLD ME!" Felix laughs and loudly exclaims, "SEE!!" We both start laughing when Sarah screams, "Both of you! Work time! Let's go!" I quickly look at Felix, and he gives me this "Talk later" look. I nod my head, and we both clock in for our shift.

I walk over to Sarah, and I ask, "Hey, is it alright if I leave a little bit early today? My dad wants to get lunch with me, and this is the first time we have talked since I-" She put her free hand on my shoulder, and pulled me in for a hug and quickly said, "Ya," she pulled out of the embrace saying, "I am glad that he came around." I look at her, and I feel myself bite my lip as I say, "Well, he hasn't yet, or I don't think so," I look away and say, "I am gonna clock in now." I walk away quickly and put my bag in my locker.

Felix is already on the register, and he has quite a few orders already piling up. I look at Sarah, who was at the cappuccino machine, and say, "Hey, I got these." Sarah looks at me and smiles as she walks away. Before she was out of sight, she stopped and said, "I'll be in the office if you need me." I nod my head and get right to work.

After I finished a few orders, I looked at Felix, and I felt myself start to smile. He looks back at me and says, "Dude, we make a kick-ass team!" I laugh and say, "Dude, we do! Like at first, I thought it might be weird." I stop what I am saying because I take one look at the people who just walked in, and it's Benji, Carter, and Dillon. I smile and wave at them, Carter and Dillon wave right away, and Benji gives me this look that makes my insides melt.

I walk away from the last order we had right now, and I greet him in the lobby with a kiss as he grabs my waist. I smirk at him and ask, "What brings you by?" He looks at me and says, "What, I can't come visit my boyfriend at work?" he pauses and kisses me again, all I feel is butterflies, "plus I missed the hell out of you." I kiss him again and say, "Well, I need to get back to work. Felix can't-" Felix interrupts me loudly, "I heard that, Victor!" I look over, and he is running the register and making the drinks too. Benji, who is still holding onto my waist, says, "Damn Felix! You learned fast."

I laugh, and Felix quickly says, "Um, ya, Sarah taught me well." I take the towel I had over my shoulder, and I threw it at him. Felix laughs, and as he finishes the order, he finally notices Dillon and Carter. His face instantly turns red. Benji laughs and says, "Aww, Felix! How cute!" I smile and say, "Ok, I better get back to work." I kiss him one last time, and as I walk away, Benji says, "Actually, is Sarah here? I wanted to talk to her." I quickly point in the direction of the office as I get back to making the orders. Benji disappears, and its just Dillon and Carter at the counter.

I take a look at Dillon, and I look back at Felix and say, "Hey, Felix, can you clean some tables for a second?" Without another word, he grabs the towel I threw at him and walked into the lobby.

Without even looking at Dillon, I ask, "Um, so can I talk to you?" I don't wait for him to respond, and I continue, "So, um, why did you send me that photo of Benji and Derek?" As I finish, I look at him, and he is staring straight at me. He takes a deep breath and says, "So, I just figured that you had a right to know. I dated a guy a year ago, and he saw his ex behind my back, and I found out that way. I just saw them together, and I got worried." I quickly say, "Thanks, but I don't think Benji is seeing Derek. He-" Dillon interrupted me, "wouldn't do this to you? That is what I thought, but you never know a person sometimes."