Chapter 26

Two Weeks Later

Victor

I walked in the door of Brasstown, alone, no Felix, no Benji, just by myself. I got called in by Sarah, which instantly made me think I did something wrong. As soon as Sarah sees me walk in, she yells, "VICTOR! Get your ass over here! I have a job for you!" I let out a sigh as I walked to the backroom to put my bag in my locker, and under my breath, I mumbled, "Here we go!"

Once I got to my usual locker, I saw someone new putting on their uniform. Once his shirt was on, I saw his handsome face and his messy black hair. I smiled and asked, "First day?" He smiled back at me, and I froze for a second, but then I thought about Benji, and I immediately felt guilty for my thoughts. When he spoke, he had the sweetest voice, "What gave me away?" He walked towards the work station and said, "The name is Cyrus." I smiled as he walked by and said, "Victor."

Once I got to the cappuccino machine, I looked at Sarah, who was talking with Cyrus, and asked, "Do we have any orders? I dont see any over here right now." Sarah smiled at me and said, "Not right now, but I have paperwork to do so that you will be training Cyrus." I replied, "What if we-" Sarah cut me off and replied, "Sink or swim, you got this, Victor." As she spoke, she headed towards her office, leaving me with a trainee and a room full of customers.

I smiled at him nervously and asked, "Um did Sarah say we have any orders to do right now?" Cyrus shook his head and said, "Nope, all she said is that I need to learn from you."  I laughed and said, "Ok, so I will show you some of the stuff right here." Cyrus walked over and watched me as I showed him where stuff is so that when we get busy, he might know some stuff.

After I showed him where stuff is, I stood there, not knowing what to do next. This was my first job, and I have no idea what I need to show him exactly. I remembered Benji teaching me, but honestly, I was trying to impress him the whole time. I giggled, thinking of watching Benji packing the coffee grounds in, thinking dirty thoughts about what I wanted him to do to me.

Cyrus laughed too, no clue why he was laughing, maybe because he felt awkward. I shook my head and said, "Sorry, so tell me about you." Cyrus blushed and said, "Um, I am new to town, my parents just moved here, and I am going to be starting school at Creekwood soon." I grabbed the towel that was by the cappuccino machine and started cleaning the counter to make myself look busy and asked, "Where did you move from?"

He gave me a half-smile as he started to wipe down the other side of the counter mindlessly and said, "We moved here from Laramie, Wyoming. Dad got a new job in Atlanta. I am glad because there are actual people around here." I laughed and replied, "I moved here a while ago from Dallas. I like it here way more."

Cyrus looked at me and asked, "What brought you to Atlanta?" I honestly did not know what to say to that question. Do I tell him that we moved here because my mom had an affair and my dad beat up his boss? Or do I say that my dad got a new job?

I must have stood there for a long time because Cyrus said, "If you dont want to tell me, no worries." Hearing that made me snap out of it because I quickly said, "Dad got a better job here, so we moved." Cyrus's smile grew more prominent and said, "Looks like our families had the same idea." I nodded my head in agreement, not knowing exactly what to say right now.

After a super awkward silence, I finally asked, "So, since you are going to Creekwood, what grade are you going to be in?" Cyrus quickly replied, "I am a Sophomore." I quickly said, "Cool, so we are in the same grade." The rest of my shift was slow, but we ended up talking the whole time. I never knew I could have so much fun at work when Benji or Felix isn't there.