Chapter 17

Benji

     "Benji!" Sarah snaps as she grabs her coat from the office. I walk to the office's open door, seeing that she is packing up her stuff for the night. I ask, "What's up?" Without looking at me, she says, "I have a date tonight, I am leaving early tonight." I smirk thinking that I will have some alone time with Victor tonight and that Felix can hold down the fort for a bit. I must have stared into space for too long because she snapped her fingers in my face and screeched, "While I am gone, you will keep your hormonal hands-off Victor."

     I try to play it off by laughing, but she snaps, "I mean it!" She slings her purse over her shoulder and continues, "The way you two act around each other, it's a wonder he isn't pregnant." I feel my face turn bright red at the thought of Victor getting pregnant. I try not to laugh as I start too. She says, "I mean it, Benji! I brought you back because you are the best assistant manager I have ever hired, but if I find out you two are hooking up on the clock, I will fire you both." I regain my composure, nod my head, and say, "Enjoy your date!"

     After she left, I locked up the office with my key and walked back to the register to find Victor asking Felix about him and Carter. As I walk up, Victor says, "Felix! You cant be so secretive about this! Tell me!" I laugh and say, "What is Felix, not telling you?" Felix glares at me, and the look on his face is very defensive and somewhat cute. He snaps, "I plead the fifth." His face turns bright red, and we all bust up laughing.

     As we all laughed uncontrollably in the empty coffee shop, the door opened, and Abby and Leah walked through the doors. Abby immediately squeals, "VICTOR! BENJI! FELIX!" She runs in our direction and finds her way around the counter. She hugs each of us, and before I could say anything, she jumps up and sits on the counter. Leah laughs hysterically and says, "Hey, you guys!" Victor runs over to her and hugs her, and I am still laughing about Abby on the counter.

     Leah walks behind the counter and hugs me tight. Then she says, "So, Abby and I have a request." I look at both of them and ask, "Ok, what's up?" Abby looks at Victor and says, "Your boyfriend is so cool for not complaining about me on the counter." I feel my face turn bright red, and Victor grabs my hand. He smirks and says, "Benji is the best."

     Leah shakes her head and says, "So, Abby and I want to know if you would sing at our wedding." I feel myself get speechless. I form the words to say, "Um, sure! Pick the song, and I'll play it for you!" Abby winks at me and says, "I will share my playlist with you!"

     Victor smiles, and then he cups my face and kisses me. As soon as we kissed, Abby gasps loudly and bellows, "OH MY GOD!" Leah giggles and says, "When did you give him a promise ring?" Felix, who has been lost this whole conversation, asks, "What ring?" Abby grabs Victor's hand before he can pull it off my face and puts it in Felix's face. She says, "Benji bought Victor a promise ring."

     Felix gasps were louder than Abby's. He grabs Victor's hand and says, "When did this happen?" Victor laughs and says, "Tell me about last night with Carter and I will tell you!" Leah slugs Felix in the shoulder and says, "You finally get some?" We all bust up laughing, and Felix's face turns bright red. He sheepishly says, "Shut up!"

     After her fit of uncontrollable laughter, Abby looks at Leah and says, "Now, we just need to find a DJ-" Felix raises his hand before the sentence is complete, and he yells, "I AM A DJ!" Leah squints her eyes and gives him a look of confusion. She says, "Before we say yes, we need a private concert." Abby whips out her phone and says, "GROUP TEXT!"

     Leah asks, "You added Victor, Benji, Carter, and Felix right?" Without another word, Abby shook her head, yes, and she pounded out a message. "Ding," "Ding," our phones all go off at once, and the message from Abby said, "FELIX IS A DJ! PRIVATE CONCERT AT NICKS SATURDAY!"