Chapter 12

Wrath @ Pride: Next time you fucking put your hands on me I will fucking rip your face off, bitch!

Pride: o-o *walks away*

Sloth: What did he do to him?

Wrath: 'Cause he fucking pushed me–!

VIRAGO

Lyria gulped, raising her hand robotically to touch the lock of hair I graciously cut. Her body trembled and I smirked. Did she really think I was bluffing? Moving my hand back, the knife retracted back to me and I clutched the handle.

Lyria stammered, taking a step back. "I'm sure Lucifer told you...about his former feelings for me."

"Yes."

"I just..." She glanced at the floor and sighed. "I wanted..."

"Let me guess? You broke his heart and later regretted it, realizing you do feel for him? You wanted to come back to see if you'd trigger the same feelings?"

And yet again, she remained quiet. Figures. Women who want to become homewreckers always act all tough. But when it's time to get confronted, they act like weak bunnies. Lyria's wings clenched, her feathers shivered again.

"You're weak down here," I said. "I bet it's so hard for you to keep your wings out. Do you think it makes you intimidating? I could make you suffocate, Angel."

"Is that a threat?"

"Is that a challenge?"

"Lucifer wouldn't appreciate it if you do something to me, Human."

"Aww." Laughing, I put the knife away. "You really think he still gives a damn about you? What was the first thing he did when he first saw you?

She clamped her mouth shut. Damn, this woman really couldn't get rid of her silent treatment. How many times did she go silent? I already lost count. And her personality was equivalent to a raisin, too. It's like a cheerio without honey.

Lyria huffed. "He was happy to see me."

"You seem to forget that I could tell when one lies. He wasn't happy to see you, sweetie."

"What...what did you have that I don't?"

"Hmm, well, first off I was the one that helped him when he needed it the most."

Her anger created a smile on my face. She clenched her hands into fists. "I...I can't believe I have to help you! You're so insufferable and...and full of sin!"

"Bitch, I literally gave birth to the deadliest sins. What did you expect? A conservative nun?" Leaning against the island on my elbows, I propped my chin in my hands. "Now I see the snob Lucifer was talking about."

The corner of her lips dropped. "He...he called me that?"

Disappointment to over her features. He wings shriveled up and they finally disappeared. Took them long enough. Her shoulders dropped in relief.

"My lips are sealed. Look, since we're going to be living together for God knows how long, we should try to at least get along. I don't want to fight, Lyria."

Really, I just wanted to give her a message. If she doesn't back out of whatever the hell she was trying to do then she has to mess with me.

"It sounded like you did."

"Because here you are, confessing the feelings you have for my husband. Try to understand how that makes me feel." Straightening up, I drank the rest of my water. "However, I still want to apologize for what I did. Sorry for...throwing that knife at you."