Thanks for not killing me (lesbian love story) 20

Katherine's pov

My father called the meeting at dawn. All of the clan bustled into the house's den, a sort of half circle was made around my father and mother. I had my arm curled around lily's waist, we were closest to my parents. Earlier I had asked lily if she would be okay with coming and she agreed. She was nervous I could sense it, but she still stood tall. My immediate attention was taken away from lily when my father spoke, his voice absolutely demanding complete attention "There are multiple wolves roaming around in our territory" is what he stated, the room seemed colder and I felt Lily's resolve falter a bit at the change in atmosphere so I brought her closer to me making her softly sigh. My fathers cold eyes swept the clan before he continued "The clan of confirmed hostiles is our first concern, but there are a unknown amount of rouges as well that will need to be dealt with" my mother added "We still do not know if they are hostile or not so keep that in mind" she said looking pointedly at the more aggressive in our clan. The wolves my mother looked at bowed their heads respectfully then my eyes flitted back over to my father. He looked over at me, his eyes blue flames "Katherine an I will seek out the alphas of the clan hiding out in our woods" the last part came out as a growl but what I noticed was how my mothers eyes sharply flicked over to my father. All I could do was bow my head and hold lily a little bit tighter. My father went back to addressing the clan but I only heard a rhythmic pounding in my ears. I tried to match my heartbeat to Lily's whose beat wasn't raging quite as bad as mine but I failed. I was scared.

Lily's pov

This whole meeting has been uncomfortable but it reached its peak when Kay's father singled her out for some apparently dangerous mission. I glanced around Kay's clan and saw only a few members seemed to notice what just happened, they gave me brief sympathetic looks. Their looks did not smother my overwhelming emotions. I no longer wanted to stand there I wanted to be alone with Kay, who was standing straight as a board with glazed eyes. I kept my gaze on her for about a minute before her eyes cleared and snapped to mine, she gave me a small smile and mouthed 'soon' I guess she saw my impatience to leave.

Katherine's pov

Lily wanted to leave and so did I but I had to wait for my father to adjourn the meeting. Thankfully I didn't have to wait long. I ushered lily quickly out of the den and guided her upstairs. I probably should have introduced her to my clan mates but I was to distraught and lily had no objections. When we finally got in our room I closed the door then dragged lily to the bed with me and let out a long sigh.

Lily's pov

I was a bit surprised and excited when Kay put me on the bed, but when I heard her sigh I got my head out of the gutter. I put one hand on her face then tilted it towards me, she covered my hand and closed her eyes as I moved my face closer. The kiss was a short one but it seemed to have worked wonders on Kay's disposition. She turned her face away from mine and looked at the ceiling "Love, I'm sorry you have to see me act so weak" her cheeks were tinted pink which I found completely endearing. To reply to what she said I shook my head "don't be sorry" she turned my way then searched my face for a second after that she softly said "I want to be strong for you, it shouldn't have to be the other way around" I only nodded because I now understood this was something to do with pride