Thanks for not killing me (lesbian love story) 23

*okay I'm done with testing yay! I'm sure you guys will notice but this chapter looks a lot better then my other ones and that is becasue I finally got an editor yay again! So lots of props to xaulina for being so helpful.*

Lillian's P.O.V.

It was a cold night and stars littered the sky. My eyes were slowly adjusting to the darkness, usually I’m not comfortable walking in the dark, but I had Kay next to me holding my hand and leading me. After a couple minutes of walking, I realized that we were on a trail. Suddenly Kay slowed down our pace and tilted her head to the side, I could see her eyes narrow and it frightened me. I pressed myself closer to her rigid body and glanced around to see if I could spot whatever caught her attention.

When I didn't see anything I tucked my head into her shoulder which made Kay wrap her arm around me, pulling me in closer. We stood in silence holding each other closely, it felt like time stood still. When I felt Kay’s body relax I slowly pulled back only to slam myself back into her when a wolf flew past me heading deeper into the woods, scaring me shitless.

Kay rubbed my back and gently told me, "Don't worry babe it was just Zach." All I could do at the moment was let out a shuddering breath and loosen my death grip on Kay's torso.

"Well so much for our walk." I rolled my eyes.

Katherine's P.O.V.

Lily rolled her eyes at me, but I could feel her body relax. Although I’m glad that she is calming down, I liked having her so close to me. Everything about Lily drove me crazy, her scent, her voice, her touch, anything and all of it.

All I ever want to do was pin her down and kiss her, but of course I gave her a chaste kiss instead, and took her hand.

"Are we going home?" She asked.

I nodded my head then added, "I think that would be best."

The walk back was in a silence that was admittedly awkward. I cringed internally at each new wave of discomfort that rolled off Lily. My rational mind knew it was because of the situation, yet the wolf in me felt differently. However, before I could resolve the conflict in my mind, I sensed my father and mother which gained my attention. It was obvious my father was livid. I could feel his anger seeping into my own emotions. The others must be in a absolute blood rage. I had enough sense to position myself in front of Lily so the others didn't accidentally hurt her.

"Kay?" I didn't turn back opting to keep the house in view.

"Yeah love?" I tried to keep my voice calm.

"Is everything alright? I feel weird."

My ears perked up to her words so I turned around and evaded her question, "I'm going to get you to our room don't worry." There was no time for her to answer because I ushered her to our room in record time.

Lillian's P.O.V.

Being inside the house was even more stifling than outside. When we got into the room Kay sat me down on the bed, then I saw her head whip to the side and her body completely froze. I've seen this before, someone was communicating with her. I knew it must have been urgent because she immediately headed to the door. All I wanted to do at that moment was grab her and run so we could get away from whatever is going on right now, but thought better of it and watched her leave. The pressure that was in the house crept back up on me slowly, for a second I was afraid I’d suffocate. So I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I only focused on breathing in till everything else faded away. Once I had calmed my mind once again wandered to Kay.

“I hope everything will be okay.”

Katherine's P.O.V.

My father was calling out to me demanding my presence so I went to him, the mental pull urging me to be quick about it. The clan was outside, they all were agitated and pacing, my father the prime example and even my mother had a icy expression. Zach came bursting out the forest panting but otherwise unharmed, “Good, everyone is here."

Every eye snapped towards my father, "There has been a change of plans” his gaze zeroed onto mine, "We set out to find those rogue bastards tonight!"

Everyone in the clan cheered and howled but my parents, myself, and Zach who had taken my hand into his.

"Prepare yourselves," my mother said firmly to everyone. My father nodded, dismissing the clan. Zach didn't leave my side.

"Please, go to Lily." I commanded quietly, there was a moment of hesitation before I felt him let go and head inside. When he left I walked up to my parents, I waited for one of them to start the conversation.

My father very briefly looked over to my mother and back to me, "I'm sure you’re wondering why the change of plans correct?"

"Yes sir.” I took a quick glance towards my mother, seeing her give me a smile that was reassuring if not strained in account of the situation. Suddenly, there was a change in the pressure I felt surrounding me, which meant that Zach was with Lily. That gave me some piece of mind and enough time to compose myself.

“That clan out there brought hunters with them." My father growled, I couldn't seem to stop my head from shooting upwards to look at my fathers face to see if he was being serious but after seeing the look on his face I no longer had any doubts about it.

Lillian's P.O.V.

"So that's how the ending of Halo 4 went." I hadn't heard a thing Zach said before that because I was so caught up in worrying about Kay.

"I'm sorry Zach it's just-" He shook his head.

"I get it hon but just trust me, Kay is just talking to her parents."

He put his hand on my shoulder briefly before stepping back. I did actually feel a little bit better, but there was still some type of uncomfortable sensation in the back of my mind bothering me. I tried to hide my concerns but Zach seemed to notice, thankfully he didn't push further.

After a couple of minutes in silence Zach asked me, "You feel things calming down right?"

I tilted my head and I did notice how much easier it was to breathe "..Yeah, why is that?"

"Our Alpha, Kay's dad, he calmed down some."

I processed that information for a second before asking, "All of that pressure was him?"

"No, it was the whole clan, but his emotions are powerful and can bleed into ours."

I blinked at his reply then somehow manged to produce a fantastically eloquent answer. "Weird."

Zach smirked. "Very."

He winked at me then walked towards the door. I didn't ask why because I somehow knew Kay was on the other side.

*I'm going to be updating about once  every weekend.*