Take off your shirt

Raghav's POV:

                            Sound of waves, a confined space, sun setting into the sea scattering its sharp orange rays on all directions and a beautiful wife was a perfect scenario for a first kiss. But unfortunately, there was many a slip between the lip and the lip.

Congratulations for being the most pathetic man in the world Raghav. But  actually the problem is, I've a poor, pure and a clueless wife.

No, I don't mean I've three wives but all those are present in my single wife.

Her heart beat which was louder than a church bell when I told she was beautiful might have missed her ears but it still rings loud in mine. I loved how a simple word affected her so much.

So what if she doesn't know that she loves me? I can make her realize very well, about her feelings.

I was able to control myself until now thinking she didn't like me but after hearing that she likes me from her own mouth, I'm just going insane. She only rejected my kiss so I think everything else is fine. Right?

Since yesterday these were the thoughts running in my mind again and again. Only when I was busy with my work I had the time to think about something else.

I parked my car in the garage of our home and went in. Nobody received me and the house was eerily silent. I straight away went to our bedroom and there was no sign of Ankita.

Within a few minutes Ankita showed up by the door when I was untying my tie.

"Oh you're home?"

I replied with a nod.

She came to me hurriedly and started unbuttoning my shirt.

"Take off your shirt, fast." She ordered.

I didn't see this coming. Was this the same girl looking all shy when I tried to kiss her yesterday?

Oh! You naughty girl.

I grabbed both of her hands and placed it on the wall behind, on either side of her face.

"Are you horny? It's okay! I'm all yours. You needn't rush." I spoke into her ears.

"What??? No.... I... I meant...I wanted...I wanted to take your shirt to the laundry... I already switched on the washing machine." She spoke stuttering looking at the floor her cheeks brighter than a tomato.

Oops! Seems like I was the naughty one here.

"Oh!" I let go her wrists which now fell by her sides. I took a strand of her hair and tugged it behind her ears ,"Is it okay if I take the dresses to the laundry next time?"

Now her cheeks are redder than blood and her eyes are as wide as a saucer. So she understood what I was implying.

She pushed me away and ran towards the door.

"Heyyy! Wait! Take my shirt and go." I took off my shirt and threw it towards her. She caught it single handed and ran outside in a lightening speed.

I couldn't control the smile that spread on my face. Annoying her is so much fun.

The rest of the night, she was silent and careful not to strike an eye contact with me. Awkward aren't you?

I'll add some more to it. The next morning when I woke up she was combing her long, straight, shiny hair which was up to her waist.

When I came out of the bathroom after showering I found Ankita ironing my shirt.

I slowly walked towards her and leaned over her to take a look at the shirt. I could sense her body stiffen.

"No. I don't want to wear this shirt today. I'm not in the mood for a dull grey shirt. Can you iron anything black or blue in colour?" I purposely spoke huskily in her ears.

I thought she will be affected but I was shocked when she yelled.

"Can't you tell it before I start ironing? I'm half done with this. Better wear this or go shirtless to work."

"Oh shall I? I'm sure people would have a great view today. But is it okay if every other women gets to see what belongs to you?"

"I don't care. Go nude if you dare." I could see she was pissed.

I let out a laugh. "It's okay! Then I'll wear the shirt ironed by my WIFE. I don't dare to display my assets." I made the word wife sound loud and clear.

"Good for you." She still seemed low-key.

"See it is stilled wrinkled around the collar." I placed my hands over hers above the iron box. I dragged it towards the collar and rubbed it forward and backward.

What do I do with my other hand now? Where do I place it? Her waist? Hip? Shoulder? I was contemplating where to keep it when Ankita pushed me by nudging on my stomach.

"If you're free please iron it yourself. I've other works to do." Now her eyes didn't seemed pissed but I knew she was affected by the proximity.

"Okay." I replied smiling.

She left the room immediately and I think she is headed towards the kitchen most probably.

I can't stop myself from admiring how pure and innocent she is. I consider myself lucky to have got such an amazing wife.

A few days passed by in the similar manner. Many thoughts passed my mind on how I should handle her. I started doubting myself, if I'm forcing myself on her. I promised her I would give her time to take decision. But on the other hand I behave like an impatient kid.

Moreover she is not the only one affected by the proximity. Everytime I am around her, the fragrance of her and the sound of the heart beating in a distance all makes me feel weak. The way her eyes speak thousands of words when her mouth keeps shut, the way she tugs her hair behind her ears everytime when she is nervous, the way her body stiffens everytime I'm around her all makes me go insane.

I'm completely smitten by the sound of her anklet and Bangles, her melodious voice especially when she stutters and even when she yells at me.

I'm completely into her. I have fallen for her head over heals but still haven't told her. But she already knows about it, so what is the point of telling it anymore?

Smoking can be injurious to health. But do they know about how a one side love on their wife could be more dangerous to our mental health than a mere cigarette?

The only solution I could come up with to save me was distancing myself from her until she decides about it. So I went on two three business trips abroad and whenever I was home, I didn't interact with her much.

I made sure that I didn't make any eye contact with her. A month passed by like this and nothing actually changed. At first, I was confident she would come grab my collars and question me why I was avoiding her. I thought she would grow close to me if I ignored her. You know the play hard to get thing? That's it. But I was wrong. She still has not questioned about my strange behavior.

Now I'm more or less in the stage of giving up. Concentrating on my work keeps me away from the thoughts of her. So working 24×7 will keep me busy and focused. I decided not to ask her anything until she confronts me.

Let's wait and see where this is all going to end.

_____________________________________