Wedding night

Raghav's POV:

                       I'm no longer a bachelor. This is the shortest sad story anybody could write. I know very well I've to get married someday but I don't really care much about when and how it should be. I've never been in a relationship as I had no time for all that unnecessary stuff in my life. Dad shared me with half of his responsibility as soon as I completed my college life.

My parents were searching for a good bride all over the city. They'd shown me nearly eight photos of girls before Ankita's. Somehow I felt her face told she was a good homely girl. That was all what I needed to tell okay to the alliance. Moreover, my parents loved Ankita and her parents. I trust my parent's decision.

I'm not expecting anything from this marriage. All I want is just the life I used to live before shouldn't be disturbed and a wife who doesn't complain. If she is good, I would do my duties as her husband responsibly.

I was busy with my office work until two days previously to my marriage. I've not spoken to her until now neither did she. So I came to a conclusion that she is going to be a typical Indian wife.

I showered and changed into a comfy track and a Tee-shirt. When I came out of the bathroom I saw Ankita standing in front of the dressing table removing her earrings, draped in a red saree.

Oh! Is she expecting something to happen? Ok, then it's my duty to satisfy her.

I walked towards her and hugged her from behind and rested my head on her shoulder.

"Mummyyyyy" she shouted and wriggled out of my hold.

What was that? I didn't see that coming. I stared at her confused.

"What Happened Ankita?"

She didn't reply but her eyes were wandering through each marble on the floor. She held the end of the dressing table tight with the hand that was behind her.

Is the marble in my bedroom that scary?

"You don't love me" she stated. "How could you hug me then?"

Even though what she said was true, shouldn't I be the person to decide and declare my feelings?

"So? I thought you wanted something to happen by the signs you gave."

"Signs? What the hell? How can you think of me like that?" She literally shouted at me. I've to say I'm getting nervous right now. Women are too difficult to understand.

"Calm down. I didn't mean anything wrong. We are married and I thought it's legal to think something like that. You needn't tense for such a small matter."

"Just because it's legal will you do anything? Is it a small matter for you?"

She speaks as if I was desperate. Well, what is she thinking of herself?

"Oh please calm down and listen to what you're speaking. It sounds as if I forced myself on you. I told you I misunderstood the signs."

She was quiet for a while. I don't like the atmosphere here. I feel like I've committed something wrong and waiting for a verdict.

Your honor, I didn't know hugging my wife was a crime. Please pardon me your honor!

Shut up you bloody mind!

"Ankita listen I didn't have any thoughts of doing anything to you but at the same time I can't expect you to be thinking the same. So I thought it should be good to give you what you want even if I didn't want it. But am so sorry I didn't know you were also thinking the same thing as mine."

"Sorry." She muttered. "I shouldn't have overreacted but I was scared. This is all so new to me. I'm not yet ready for a married life and moreover, I've never been in a relationship before and I'm not comfortable with men. So, I need some time please."

Well, that's too much information.

"I'm not trained either. Telling you just in case if you thought I was a professional husband. This is new to me also. But don't worry you can take all the time you want or stay like this your whole life. I don't have any problem."

She forced a smile at me for a second and diverted her eyes again to the floor.

"Will you mind if I ask you something?" I asked her. There is something I'm curious to know.

"No, go ahead." She muttered unconfidently.

"Are you really not comfortable with guys?"

"Yes why?"

"Because I thought you were too much comfortable with guys as the first word you spoke to your husband was 'Douchebag'.

Her face turned red and she started counting the marbles on the floor again.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it."

"It's okay. But I'm one."

She stared at me, her eyes wide open but I ignored it and went to lay down on the left side of my bed. She stared at me for a few more seconds and started looking around the room.

I know what it is. She is searching for a couch. But sorry we don't have one long enough to sleep, my dear.

"You can either sleep on the other side of the bed or else take a mattress from the wardrobe, put it on the floor which you seemed to love, and sleep."

"And one more thing you can unpack your bag and arrange it in the wardrobe towards your left. Please refrain from mixing it with mine."

She wasted no time in rushing towards the wardrobe and stuffed her dresses from the bag into it. She took out the mattress and I was right. She loves the floor than the bed.

But I'm glad she doesn't love me. That would be a burden and too much to handle for me. As long as we don't disturb each other, I don't care.

She selected the spot near the balcony which was on the other end of the room and laid down the mattress.

If this continues daily, I wouldn't have any issues.

_____________________________________

Ankita's POV:

'You're such a shame to me Ankita. I'm seriously embarrassed that you and your tongue are my physical format.'
I could feel my mind speaking to me.

A great way to make a first impression that was. Wasn't it?

I called him a Douchebag, portrayed him like a harasser and what not within a day?

I hope he forgets all this when he wakes up. But even if he doesn't, it wouldn't be a matter to me. I'm not going to try working out this marriage unless he does.

Now with everything out of my control, I'm going to let time decide my future.

I closed my eyes knowing I won't get a wink of sleep.

______________________________________