Who wouldn't like you?

Rishi's POV:
              I sprayed the deodorant swiftly all over my body on hearing the door bell.

I sprinted down the stairs so that I open the door for her instead of someone else.

Raghav took Bhabhi for a jog five minutes earlier and I texted Krithi who was waiting in the next street to come home.

"Welcome home." I greeted Krithi.

She smiled and came in. She looked so pretty in her jeans and blue top. My eyes were fixated on hers. The dark orbs of her eyes captivated me, making me fall into a trance.

I heard Krithi clear her throat which brought me back to reality.

"If we had time I would go with all the pleasantries and formalities but we are short of it now. So we have to start working right away." I told her.

"It's okay. I don't mind. Come let's start."

We chose the living room upstairs to decorate. If Bhabhi sees the decorations as soon as she opens the door, it wouldn't be that great of a surprise. So we rejected the living room down.

"Here blow the balloons." She handed me a few.

I blew four balloons and I'm already out of energy. I turned towards her to realize she had blown nine balloons. I don't know why but I found that too impressive.

Don't give up Rishi. Come on, if she can, you can too.

I took three more balloons and vigorously started blowing it.

"Isn't this enough?" I asked her. I can't do this anymore. My jaws are aching like I chewed gum for three days continuously.

"Tired? It's okay. This will do." She sympathised which made my manly ego hurt.

"Tired? Me? No! I can blow a few more if you want."

"No no. This is enough." I'm relieved hearing her words. My tongue says it can blow but my jaw says a different story.

She handed me some colour papers to make a happy birthday cut out with it.

"You do the word happy and I'll do the word birthday." I told her, since I wanted to be a man and take the bigger word.

I had my full concentration on cutting the paper in the shape of 'I'.

"Wait your I is not straight." She told and inched closer to me.

She sat beside me and took the pencil from my hand. She leaned over me and she was way too close to my comfort. Her fragrance hits my nose and I'm mesmerized by it. I'm not able to take my eyes away from her. Her eyes are concentrated on the paper and her hair blew to all places hitting my face on its way.

Seeing her worked up is so freaking impressive!

"Here cut it now." Her words put a full stop for my imaginations. I realized she erased and rewrote the I, I had written before. All the while I was sitting whiffing her smell and blushing like an idiot.

Suddenly I'm disappointed. Krithi didn't see me as a man. That's what her gesture meant. If she did, she will not lean over me without any problem. She sees me either as a friend or her friend's brother in law. Otherwise she wouldn't be so comfortable around me. Or else I'm not that impressive.

I'm embarrassed about myself for not keeping my emotions in control.

I silently did the decorations as she asked. I was careful that I don't look at her eyes. If she knows I've feelings for her, I'm done. She will think I'm some kind of stalker or pervert if she knows I developed feelings for her within three or four times we spoke.