Chapter 13

Jake starts fiddling with the door and Martha unlocks my cuffs, wincing when she sees my bloody wrists.
"We'll have to go to Miss Minks to heal your wrists later..."
"Are you sure she will let me back in?" I ask, biting my lip.
"Of course! This kinda thing happens often around here, everyone's used to it," she says cheerfully.
I stand up, stretching my limbs and walking around.
Jake busts the door open and they lead me out.
I find myself in a corridor similar to the ones I fled through I few days earlier.
"first I'll give you a tour of the place!" Martha says, adopting a tour guide voice.
"These are the halls that lead everywhere," she continues gesturing around.
We journey through them and I keep wondering how they know their way around.
"Most of them lead to bedrooms but this one is the way to the main area," she says pointing.
We end up in a huge room with beanbags scattered everywhere and huge tv screens and stereos with a gaggle kids sitting in front glued to the screen and pressing buttons of remotes. The floor was uneven floorboards worn smooth and shiny with colourful rugs everywhere.
A large bookcase crammed with falling apart paperbacks was in the corner with some more children cuddled up on squishy cushions.
The floor was a mess of toys, magazines, crumpled pages and art supplies.
There looked to be about 50 kids and teenagers in here and it was really quiet.
A large polished table was in the middle of the room with mismatched chairs and stools around it.
I recognised someone sitting there, filing her nails.
"Jakey!!!!"
She jumped into his arms, almost knocking him over.
"Hey!" Jake exclaims, his voice muffled by the girls kiss.
Jake prys her off and sets her down.
"I don't think you guys officially were introduced?" He suggests, turning her towards me.
"Yeah she was so busy blowing up rooms," she sniggered.
Martha grabs my arm as my eyes flash with anger.
She gives me this look as if to calm me.
Jake acts as if she didn't say that.
"Isobel this is Vicky, Vicky this is Isobel!" Jake says brightly.
"Hi..." I mutter.
"Heyyyy I'm Isobel and I'm sorry for being a female dog but that's because I AM ONE!" She laughs really loudly.
"Wha-?" I start.
"Sorry just some wolf humour! You see I'm a werewolf. Skilled in combat and fabulous!" She says flicking her hair and striking a pose.
"Well technically you aren't a werewolf... Just a shapeshifter," Martha says, rolling her eyes.
"Same thing!" Isobel says shrugging as she snatches Jakes arm.
"Jakey is my mate as well so he's mine ok?"
"Wait there is something like a soulmate?" I ask.
"Yes, but Isobel and Jake aren't soul mates! Soul mates can only be found after your seventeenth birthday..." Martha interjects.
"Yes we are! I can feel it!" Isobel retorts furiously.
"Me and Isobel are dating."
"Yeah and it's totes serious!" Isobel flips her hair again and turns on her heel and flounces off.
"she is really amazing once you get to know her, I promise!" Jake says and chases after her.
He follows her out and Martha turns to me.
"Jake really does love her..." She says her voice wobbling.
"What do you mean?" I ask. Why is she so upset.
She looks around to check if anyone is listening and moves closer to me.
"Can I trust you?" She asks grabbing one of my hands.
I look into her shiny blue eyes. For the first time I feel a warm feeling inside of me when I realise how beautiful and pure her soul is.
I twine fingers with her.
"Yes you can trust me," I whisper to her.
She smiles.
"Ok so, before we weren't allowed to go outside when we all went into the forest once a week me and Jake would sneak away from the rest and we would run to the sea which is quite close. We would just talk by the rocks and that's when I started crushing on him but it wasn't serious. It was fun, spending all day in the blistering heat laughing and chatting together. One day we were just sitting there together, watching the calm sparkling water and the sun was setting. I looked over to him and I realised.... That I loved him,"
I gasped but didn't say anything.
"For the next few months I worked up my courage to tell him how I feel. I loved him more everyday. But then one day a new girl arrived and he and her immediately hit it off and they started dating and I was heartbroken..."
"Awww Martha.... That sucks"
"I know... I moved on and tried to be just friends with him again. It worked and even when we stopped going to the beach me and him still hung out. But I still love him.... And I don't know if I'll ever get over that!" Her eyes filled with tears.

~
Ummmmm
Read
Vote
Comment
Internet embrace!
<(0_0<)

PLEASEEEEE CHECK OUT MY BLOG!!! IVE JUST STARTED WRITING IT