Book 2: Chapter 3

I was back in spanish class, and nothing had changed. Miss Likano was being a her usual nasty self, I was ignoring the work set for me, the seconds trickled by as if they were hours, Clare was eyeing up Tony Jacobs and Flames Kasito was staring at me....

I thought that since Clare and I pushed him into hulk mode his stalkerish tendencies would cease, I should have known that I could never be so lucky. In fact, I think us angering him made him even more fixated on me.

  "Ebony Whister!" I was pulled from my thoughts by Miss Linkano. I braced myself for the onslaught that was sure to occur. "Mr. Moorman wants to see you in his office."

I brought in a sharp breath. Everyone turned to look to me. There was over three thousand pupils in this school and you never got sent to the headmasters office unless you did something really bad.

The people around me looked suprised, I looked young for 15 and I rarely talked in class, most people assumed that I was a shy goody-too-shoes. I was surprised as well. I did nothing to warrant any type serious punishment. I was frozen in my uncomfortable chair for a moment before Clare poked me. I got up, grabbed my bag and my blank page of notes and manoeuvred my way awkwardly through the maze of desks until I reached the door. I turned around for a split second and faced the class. All I noticed was Flames gaze, more soul searching and piercing than ever. I was distracted from my seemingly inevitable demise by his stare. I felt red hot anger. Why was he so obsessed with me. I felt like running up to his seat at the back of class and smacking his across the face.
Miss Likano's stern cough interrupted my plotting and brought me back to reality. I broke away from the infuriating staring contest and marched out of class.
My footsteps echoed in the silent hallways. I was so done with all this crap. What was Flames' deal. Every time he looked into my eyes I felt like he was looking at my soul, I felt so helpless and trapped in his scorching gaze. It almost hurt, afterwards my mind would feel burnt, raw and altered. Almost as if someone had looked through my thoughts. I got a headache just recalling it.
I continued down the endless hallways that always reeked of shoe polish and bleach. I looked into lessons going on, feeling rebellious and utterly cool. I felt less rebellious and cool when I reached Mr. Moorman's office. I felt more like a tiny mouse that's only goals in life are to not get stepped on.
I took a few deep breathes, pretending that sucking air into my lungs could possibly calm my racing heart.
I gave myself three seconds to open the door.

1... What if I get expelled?
2... I'll have no school to go to.
3... My dad will kick me out.

I opened the door.