Chapter 9

I loosen the small ball I'm curled into and slowly remove my hands covering my face.
I can barely see through the thick layer of dust that hangs in the air.
In the centre of the room I can barely make out a lantern lying on the ground, smashed, but still giving out a small light.
I move my limbs, checking if they work and crawl over to the lantern.
The room is just about visible and from what I can see, completely destroyed.
Parts of the ceiling have fallen and rock and plaster lie on the broken floorboards. The entire room is covered in a strange type of dust from the plaster and rock. The tables are overturned and smashed. The little woman weave is lying in splinters and everywhere her silks are ripped and dirty. The whole place looks as if a bomb just went off
I choke back tears when I see a body lying near me and tear cut trails in the dust on my face when I see more bodies sprawled on the ground.
What. happened.
I'm about to move towards them to check whether they are breathing when the person closest to me moves.
Jake.
He looks at me with an emotion in his eyes I haven't seen since I killed Sophia.
Fear.
Wait why is he scared of me?! Unless... I did this...
A strange sound comes from my throat and I claw the floor.
Not again not again.
I drag myself on the floor towards the door when I realise I need to get out of here. I'm not safe. I'm a danger to everyone around me.
"Victoria" Jake whispers. I don't turn back and force myself to my feet.
I fall against the door and use the handle to support me.
"Victoria!" He yells but I push on the handle and fall through the doorway.
I find my feet and sprint down the maze of hallways, hoping Jake is too injured to follow me.
Where am I going? I ask myself flying through the echoing corridors praying my weak legs don't collapse. I bump into somone and scream.
His blue eyes find mine and he grabs my arm.
"Victoria?"
Luke. He must have slipped out before I....
"I heard something" he questions.
I remember I'm a danger and use all my strength to push against his chest. I catch him by surprise and he slams against the wall and I run away. He calls after me.
I somehow find my way back to the cave we fell into and I notice a door leading to some stairs there.
I quickly ascend the slippery stone steps and find a wooden door.
I quickly push on it and a rush of cold air touches my face.
I'm standing in the forest that just a few hours earlier I was joking with Jake.
I don't wait until I start sprinting again into the darkness of the woods.
I run for hours, not pausing for a second.
Eventually what's left of my energy evaporates completely and before I can even think 'oh crap' I hit the group and the darkness consumes me.

IMPORTANT
Sorry for the slow updates... YA know christmas, school, exams, pringles blah blah blah excuse excuse...
Anyways I'm back with a bang butttt I've noticed I haven't been getting a lot of reads, votes or comments....
This kind of upsets me because you have NO IDEA ho much effort I put into editing, reviewing and writing this story. I literally fuss over EVERY SINGLE WORD. (Ask any of my friends they know it's true) SOOO I'm going to ask for something big!
If you can share this with your friends and vote, comment yourself I'd be SO grateful.
I'm going to ask for 30 reads, 7 votes and 5 comments...
I know I know it's a lot to ask but PLEASEEEEEE. It can be my Christmas gift from you guys ;)
I know you can do it! I just really want to know that people appreciate my hard work. And I promise if you guys can get me this much I'll update the minute I hit my goal!
Thx for reading <3

Also shoutout to my amazing bestie/BÆ
OWLGIRL5
She inspires me so much and has written amazing books that you should totally check out *cough cough* wolf girl....