Chapter 6

I wake up to annoying beeping noise.
I sigh.
That was a good dream.
Beep beep beep
"Ok ok I'm up I'm up" I moan groggily.
I reach for my alarm clock but instead I touch something warm and squishy.
I screech and jump up.
Jake is sprawled on the ground half covered in blankets.
His watch is lit up and making the beeping noise.
He grumbled and murmurs something and rolls over.
I guess he's not one for mornings either.
I smile. He looks so cute when he's a sleep. Then my smile turns into a smirk when I think of how I should wake him up.
I kneel down beside him a and whisper in his ear.
"Wake up batman! You need to save the city from the joker! Help us!" I say trying not to laugh.
"Don't worry! I'm coming, get me my bat mobile" he mumbles and starts snoring again.
I howl with laughter and he jumps and his eyes shoot open.
Suddenly steady movement of the van came to a stop.
I raised my eyebrows and looked at Jake but he was gone.
The van door flung open and light flooded the dim, cramped van.
I breathed in the early morning air, which was a breath of fresh air (literally) from the musty air from inside the van.
Dylan poked his head in and avoided my gaze.
"C'mon we're here" he grumbled and disappeared.
I tried to step out of the van dramatically to intimidate Dylan but me being me I tripped and fell into someone's arms. Dylan snorted and my cheeks turned scarlet.
I realised the persons arms I was in weren't Dylan's, Jake's or my dads. I looked up to the persons face. His hair was black and he had a fringe that covered half his face. His eyes were a deep blue and his skin was pale, perfect and smooth. He was wearing a leather jacket and dirty sneakers.
He was the most beautiful person I had ever met.
My heart beat faster then usual and I felt butterflies fluttering inside me. I realised with a jolt that I was pressed up against his chest and I could feel his abs. I squeaked and tried to step away.
He was too strong though and he still held my arm in an iron grip.
"Who's this normie?!" He said is disgust. My cheeks burned and I looked at Dylan for help.
"She's my sister. I dunno why my dad wanted to get her but we had to tag along" he said gruffly.
I felt a sharp pain in my chest and I stared down at my shoes.
Why did everyone hate me?
Jake hopped out of the van.
"Luke wassup!" He said slapping Luke on the back.
Luke grinned.
"Hey jake"
He was about to let me go when Dylan stopped him.
"No make sure she doesn't run off"
Luke groaned and held me more tightly.
I still didn't say anything. My dad jumped out of the van.
"Well let's go on" he said brightly and made off in a random direction.
I got dragged off by Luke while Dylan stalked along and Jake ran ahead.
I got a chance to take in my surroundings as we kept at a steady pace.
We were in a forest with trees towering above us. A thick canopy kept the place dark and creepy with patches of light shining through like spotlights on a stage at random points.
There were not paths just the rough forest floor of pine needles.
After what seemed hours they all suddenly stopped in front of a strangely large trees.
My dad rummaged through his pockets in his oversized coat, pulling out strange instruments and crisp packets and hats and pouches and really shiny rocks. He muttered something under his breath and finally pulled out a twisted stick. I watched in amazement as he shoved it into a hole in the bark.
A hole appeared and my dad was about look into it when a head appeared.
"Mr John! where have you been" a voice called.
My dad coughed. "You can just call me John you know"
"Ok Mr John" she replied and hopped out of the hole.
She had short blonde hair and strange green eyes magnified by her round purple glasses.
She looked full of fun and as if she had an interesting personality.
Suddenly she ran over to me and smothered me in a hug.
I jumped, startled by the sudden show of affection by this stranger.
"We are going to be amazing friends!" She declared.
wat.
"Martha? I thought you hated normies?"
"Vicky isn't a normie!" She laughed.
Wait how does she know my name?!
The rest of the group stared at her.
"What do you mean-" Dylan started.
"Vicky! Why don't you tell them about what happened to Sophia" she interrupted, turning to me.
WAIT WHAT?!!!