Chapter 15

I start wrapping my hands in the scratchy material while crouching behind a bush.
This was not a good spot for hiding but my hands are a mess of mud and blood so I can't climb a tree as I normally would.
I sigh and admire my handiwork.
The sloppily arranged bandages are not attractive but they'll have to do.
I take a big breath and start to crawl through the undergrowth.
I blindingly reach out and my fingers come into contact with the roughness of bark.
I grip on and haul myself onto the lowest branch.
I press my body against the trunk and start climbing.
I swing from branch to branch, easily manipulating the sturdy branches.
I know every foothold, every weak branch.
In a matter of I've reached the top of the huge tree.
I grip onto the smallest branch at the top and pray it doesn't snap under my weight.
I stick my head into the refreshing morning breeze and breath in the smell of damp leaves.
I relax and find a comfortable position. Up here you can see the whole forest and in the distance a glimpse of the sparkling sea.
Up here I have no worries, no responsibilities, I'm free...
I think Luke worries about me sometimes but Martha understands. They are the only ones who know about my early morning ventures.
I sigh and recall what has happened is the last few months.
I learned that of all the people in the SH (survivors hole) I'm the biggest freak in a community of freaks.
After my first training session Dylan freaked out and told the elders about how I could hold a heavy item in the air after only a few hours of training.
The elders are the people who are like the leaders of the freaks or 'gifted'.
I've never met them and I hope I never do as they as supposed to be scary and they live really deep underground.
The most powerful telekinetic here is a girl called Siobhan.
Her strength and powers amaze everyone and all the kids look up to her. After only 6 months of training she could hold a dummy up for ten seconds.
From what I've been told usually it takes years of training and everyone was in awe.
But then I came along. After only a few hours I could lift something up.
At first I thought it was awesome but it's not.
Everyone thinks I'm too powerful and all the kids fear me.
Apparently there was girl who was also an extremely powerful shape shifter.
Everyone was kind of nervous about her because she could change in to anything she wanted.
Eventually she settled in and people sort of accepted her.
But one day she lost control when she got angry and changed into a wolf and killed a kid.
I don't know exactly what happened after that because nobody would tell me but she's not here anymore.
I made a pact that day to keep control and be normal (normal as in the most normal I can be while still being a freak)
The elders told me some techniques to keep calm and I've been trying them.
One of them is whenever I'm confused or upset to put everything that's happening into a list. That's supposed to keep my thought organised or something.
Personally I think they read that thing off some sort of weird blog post on the Internet.
The SH has one tiny crappy computer crammed with viruses and freaking files. Of course everyone wants to be on it the entire time. Mostly the annoying gang of nine year old boys hog it and play violent games while viciously tapping the keyboard.
But I'm getting off point.
Right now I feel another wave of panic building inside of me but I choke it down.
I've been getting panic attacks recently and that doesn't help the whole controlling emotions thing.
I close my eyes and try and list some things but my mind doesn't want to play along.
1. My name is Victoria.
2. I have two brothers, one dad and a mum though I don't know where she is.
3. I'm in the SH for freaks
4. I'm sacred of myself
5. I've killed two people
I groan and rub my forehead. Ok so the list thing doesn't work.
I try and remember what Luke told me about the people they think killed Isobel.
There is a gang that dedicate their life to trying to destroy us.
They are called The Black Ghosts.
Nobody at the SH knows much about them, except the elders.
And I really have no idea how they know my name or where the SH entrance is.
Jake says he thinks there is a spy in the SH but nobody believes him because he is still hysterical.
I barely see him anymore because he hides from the world.
Just like me.
Everyone here thinks I'm working with The Black Ghosts and they hate me for it.
I'm so lost in thought I miss the sunset.
I snap into reality and I look around in shock.
It's the afternoon! How did the day pass so quickly?????
I swiftly climb down the tree and run to the SH.
I touch the bark and push, it opens easily.
When I get to the living room it is strangely deserted.
Crap!
I remember Martha telling me about a meeting with the elders about the recent events.
I still have no idea around the place so I explore to try and find the hall.
About half and hour later I slide down the wall is defeat.
I'm no match for this labyrinth.
I'm about to try and find my way back to the living room but I hear a weird noise coming from a room nearby.
Maybe that's the elders hall?
I find myself in a huge dark hall. It's empty.
Is the hall only the meeting is over? Something tells me it's not when I spot a huge cage at the end when my eyes adjust to the darkness.
Curiosity wins over fear and I walk over to investigate.
Touching the icy bars I look through, registering the sudden blast of cold air.
Nothing is in the place so I shrug and make a mental note to ask Martha about it later.
I'm about to turn away when I see something move.
I frown and look closer.

3rd Person POV

In the living room everyone enters and goes back to their own tasks.
Laughs and squeals come from a game of catch.
Everyone relaxes after the unsettling news from the elders.
But the peace doesn't last.
A long high scream echoes and everyone falls silence.
"Vicky..." Martha whispers and a tear slides down her cheek.

*****WILL BE ADDING YOU NEXT CHAP ALLIE*******