VII: Buried Memories

After defeating the Lower Moon Two, Miyuki continued searching in the island for any remnants of demons and for the presence of another. At the same time, the Ice Pillar also searched for the Blue Spider Lily. 

Existent or not, Miyuki doesn't leave any chances. She had to make sure that the flower would not exist so that it wouldn't get into the demon's hands. 

It took her three weeks to reach the top most part of Nanakusa, with almost no demons left but one. 

The demon, just like her, was also weaving throughout the island. Changing its location from time to time, with the both of them passing by each other. 

Until one day...

It was in the peak of the afternoon, the sun was shining brightly with almost no clouds present. The top-most part of the island was cool despite being bathed with extreme sunlight. 

"Ah. I miss home...I miss my house...how long are we already in this mission again, Shirayuki?" The Ice Pillar kept complaining to her crow who's flying ahead of her. 

Miyuki took a break as she was starting to have cold sweat from exhaustion. 

She wasn't really weak from sunlight, it's just that when her temperature rises to her normal body standards, it's already considered as a light fever for her. 

"I want to sleep...wait...huh?" 

Miyuki rubbed her eyes when she saw some spider lilies just ahead of her, it was blue; and the light from above made it looked like it was on a spotlight. 

"I must be getting delirious...time to sleep." The Ice Pillar yawned and began to close her eyes. 

Her crow also saw it. Shirayuki looked at his master who's sleeping like an idiot when the Blue Spider Lilies they were looking for were just only a few feet away from her. 

A nerve popped in Shirayuki's head. 

"Owww!!! Owww!!! Stop it!!" 

"Wake up, idiot! Wake up, idiot!" Shirayuki pulled the Ice Pillar's ears to bring some senses in her. 

"What is it?!!" The pillar sat up angrily and glared at the crow. 

Shirayuki flew towards the lilies and flapped its wings. Miyuki followed, yawning with half-asleep eyes.

"Ah...Spider Lilies...Blue..." 

Miyuki stared at it blankly for a minute before finally realizing what was in front of her.

"Woah?!!! Why is this here?!" 

It was indeed a Blue Spider Lily, only three flowers blooming in a single plant. Miyuki scanned the area to see if there are others but there wasn't any. 

"Shirayuki, go fly and search for others..."

As her crow flew, Miyuki studied the plant with a closer look. It didn't looked magical from what she expected. It was a plant...a flower. 

The Ice Pillar expected more when she thought of seeing it, but looking up close, Miyuki felt like it was normal...like it's already something familiar.

"This is what they're after? This looked norm-" Miyuki plucked one of the flower and after a few seconds, it instantly dried up and became parched.

"Oops. That was quick..." 

I screwed it up!!!

The pillar sweat-dropped to what happened. She did not expected it to wither so fast. 

Her plan of destroying it was now made easy, but her other plan of bringing some samples of it to see if it'll work with Oyakata-sama's condition suddenly became impossible.