XIII: The Ice Pillar's Return

"Oh, he's still alive..." The Ice Pillar looked down at the demon that laid down in the basement of Tamayo's mansion.

It was a demon that Miyuki captured due to Tamayo's request, and is now being held as the recipient for their tests.

They continued their study with Miyuki's blood, conducting experiments in the search of possible ways to increase its effects on demons; other than preventing them to regenerate but also to kill them with just a few amount of blood needed.

A whole year had already passed and though they made only little improvements in their goal, they did make some interesting discoveries.

"He stopped regenerating? How so?" Miyuki looked at the data that Tamayo recorded and even different test results.

The demon was injected with different dosages of medicine mixed with Miyuki's blood for three days. After a week, the demon suddenly stopped craving for humans and then have stopped regenerating as well.

Even its appearance was changing a little...

"Should we try putting him under the sun, Tamayo-sama?" Yushiro crossed his arms and said.

Tamayo glanced at Miyuki and smiled a bit apologetically. The pillar sighed as she immediately understood what she has to do again.

Though it was indeed inhumane, she had no choice. They had to know...and this was part of it.

The next morning, the restrained demon was taken by the Pillar out of the basement.

"He'll find you...he'll find you...he knows what you're doing..."

The demon kept muttering in fear. He kept chanting it, not even trying to resist anymore. It was odd because he was coming with Miyuki willingly.

"Sorry for doing this, I hope you'll redeem yourself again someday." She said before bringing out the demon under the morning light with her, ignoring his words.

The Pillar's eyes widened after the demon didn't instantly burn out from the sun. It was looking at her curiously...

Miyuki quickly pulled her sword, ready to kill the demon, if ever it withstood the sun any longer. But then, after three seconds, the demon screamed in agony and started to burn into ashes...

It died. But the fact that it was able to withstand the sun for three seconds, was a great problem for the pillar.

"Tamayo-san, you didn't tell me that we are helping demons in conquering the sun?" Miyuki came back inside and talked with Tamayo immediately, her voice was stern.

"Hey, Shiraishi, watch your tone!"

"Yushiro...it's okay." Tamayo went between Yushiro.

There was a grim atmosphere surrounding the pillar. Miyuki didn't like what she has seen...a demon that withstood the sun was bad news for her. Especially that it was because of her blood.

"Shiraishi-san, calm down. Please do tell what happened?" Tamayo said calmly.

Miyuki took a deep breath because of her advice. She regained her composure back.

"The demon didn't instantly die. Three seconds...it took him three seconds before disintegrating because of the sun."

Tamayo paused before she started thinking again.

"Please explain it to me, Tamayo-san, or else, I won't participate in this any longer..."

Miyuki was tired. All the findings they had all seemed like bad news to her, especially from what just happened.