I: Mission and a Dinner

9 years later...

"I have a mission for you, Miyuki." Kagaya said after Miyuki arrived in his residences.

It surprised her a bit because her missions are usually sent by Shirayuki, her white crow. But today, Oyakata-sama has called her personally instead.

"Of course, Oyakata-sama. Please do tell..." She replied after paying her respects and took a seat in front of him.

"There has been continuous reports of raids at night in the Nanakusa Island, I want you to investigate on this matter."

It was a bit unsual.

Nanakusa Island is a far island to the north. These lands were known to be a medicinal plants reservoir, and the villagers here are mostly suppliers of medicines to the mainland.

It was neutral ground for government and for the corps.

The best option was probably to send Shinobu since she knows more about medicines and so Miyuki wondered why Oyakata-sama chose her instead.

But of course, she wouldn't want to ask.

Why would demons want to raid this place anyway? Miyuki thought.

"Numerous slayers, my children, have already been sent there and unfortunately there still haven't been a word from them. That's why I entrust this matter to a hashira." Kagaya said as his child then handed Miyuki a map, marked with circles where the several raids has been made.

It was a big island.

As Miyuki scanned through the map.

"Please return safely, my child. Your family will be waiting for your return." Kagaya said with a soothing voice and a sincere smile.

Miyuki smiled reassuringly to him and bowed once again.

Even though the man was almost blind, Miyuki can still feel his eyes looking inside of her with kindness, and it assured her.

"I will return, Oyakata-sama. I will continue to pray for your well-being even if I'm gone." She said as a farewell.

"One more thing..." Kagaya continued which made Miyuki stopped.

"I'd like you to search for someone in particular..."

Before Miyuki returned to her home and prepare for her mission, she took a turn to the butterfly estate to meet with the Insect Pillar, Kocho Shinobu.

"Miyuki-san, good afternoon! It's good to see you!" Shinobu greeted after Miyuki entered her lab.

"Nice to see you too, Shinobu-san! I just dropped by for Oyakata-sama's medicine. I'll leave for a mission tomorrow and others so..."

Only the highest ranks of the Demon Slayer Corps, the hashiras, and the Ubuyashiki family know of this matter...

Because of Miyuki's unique blood, it is currently being used as an ingredient to Ubuyashiki Kagaya's medicine.

A medicine that can slow down the progress of his disease which granted the master of being able to live much longer.

Her blood can be used as medicine, however, cannot be considered as a cure for his illness.

"How long do you think you'll be gone?" Shinobu said while gathering her syringes.

"I don't know..."

Shinobu mentally computed the amount of her blood needed as a reserve for the time span of "I don't know".

They don't really need much blood from her, just 2 mL is enough for a single vial that Oyakata-sama needed to take once a month.