II: A Night to Remember

"Miyuki-nee!" Senjuro quickly ran towards her, arms open wide. 

Miyuki sat down and met the boy's arms. The boy resembled Kyojurou so much, except that his older brother was much more bold, a real flame-boy.

"I've missed you, Senjuro!!!" Miyuki said trying so hard not to squish the boy in her arms to hard because of his cuteness.

The little brother was like a soft fluff.

"I've cooked a lots today! We even have Kakigori! Good thing brother invited you over." Senjuro said while dragging Miyuki into their house.

However, they immediately stopped as Rengoku Shinjuro passed and noticed them.

His eyes quickly found Miyuki. 

Miyuki bowed. 

"Good evening, Rengoku-san. It's good to see you well..." She said calmly, her hands were getting warmer, the total opposite of having cold hands. 

"What's your business here?" The man replied coldly, slowly walking towards their table.

Miyuki smiled nervously, starting to regret that she decided to come with Kyojurou without telling his father before hand. 

The head of the house was traditional after all. Permissions are a must.

"I've invited her for dinner, Father. I've promised to treat her once I come back from my mission but then she have to leave tomorrow on Oyakata-sama's orders." Kyojurou explained as he held Miyuki's hand and brought her to the room.

Shinjuro's eyes bore to their hands and ignored them. He sat down and was about to eat but noticed the other three, still standing in front of him.

"What are you all standing there for? If you're not going to eat then get out." He said coldly. 

Miyuki sighed secretly and went beside Senjuro. Across her was Kyojurou while Shinjuro was at the aisle.

"Where's the destination this mission of yours, Shiraishi?" Rengoku Shinjuro spoke which made surprised.

She put down her chopsticks and turned her head towards him.

"I've been destined to Nanakusa Island, Rengoku-san. Several raids have been made by demons to the reservoirs..." She answered.

Shinjuro nodded boredly and continued eating. His question was just made as a kind gesture.

"How long will you be gone, Miyuki-nee?" Senjuro asked.

"I don't know, Senjuro-kun..." Miyuki said with an apologetic smile.

Kyojurou thought of her answer. He was certain she would take long.

Longest missions would likely take 1 to 2 months, the Flame Pillar sighed thinking about it.

Rengoku Shinjuro drank his sake while glancing at his son. Kyojurou was still in a deep thought despite having his smile.

There was silence after that which Miyuki wondered.

Did she just say something wrong?

Their dinner ended with the head of the Rengoku finishing up first, not bothering for dessert.

"Waaaah!!! It's cold" Senjuro said while holding his cheeks upon eating the shaved ice.

Miyuki chuckled and ate too.

She could not relate to the cold that the boy was saying.

The dessert was sweet, it was cold of course but Miyuki, already used to low temperatures, just admired how it melts in her mouth.