XVI: Enough

Miyuki returned to her estate right in the afternoon to take a short rest and to check on her attendant Chiyo-baa as well.

Later at dinner, the Flame Pillar had set to visit her in her estate. They both knew Miyuki's mother-like figure wouldn't let her go out especially that she had just returned.

"Chiyo-baa, I'm back..."

Miyuki entered her gates and saw the family that she was supporting were all lined up to greet her arrival.

"Welcome back, Shiraishi-sama!" They all said with a bow.

The lady head, Chiyo, stepped towards Miyuki with her usual smile, eyes tearing up upon seeing her again after so long. They both shared a hug.

"You've lost weight, Miyuki-sama. Please rest...we have prepared your meal and bath. You must rest."

The Ice Pillar thanked her family and bowed respectfully for her arrival. "I'm glad that everyone's well...thank you for taking care of our home. Thank you."

"Kyoujuro's also coming for dinner, Chiyo-baa. I'll leave the preparations to you, let's all eat together." She then smiled.

Everyone was overjoyed by her gesture and began their preparation for the feast. Meanwhile, Miyuki returned to her room to take a bath and prepare herself.

"Shirayuki, you can rest. Tomorrow I'll bring you to the Kasugai's headquarters to have you checked." She said as she stripped down her guards and kimono to bathe.

Shirayuki nodded before flying off the window.

"Pardon my intrusion, I've come to visit..." The Flame Pillar knocked on the gates and saw Chiyo-baa already waiting for his arrival.

Wearing his white kimono and dark red hakama, Rengoku Kyojurou bowed and offered his gifts to the Lady Head.

"Miyuki-sama is in her room preparing," Chiyo-baa mentioned while showing him the way.

"I see! It's good to see you, Chiyo-baa! It seems to me that you never aged!"

"My, my...age is coming upon me, you're just too optimistic to notice it, Rengoku-sama. Nevertheless, I am grateful for your efforts."

They both shared a laugh.

With the Flame Pillar already joining the table where Lady Chiyo's family were, apart from the children, the adults began chatting to one another until the Lady Head asked a question to the pillar which then caught their attention:

"Rengoku-sama, when are you planning to ask for Miyuki-sama's hand?" Chiyo-baa spoke which then earned everyone's silence.

The Flame Pillar's smile was not an exception. He froze for a second, sweat subtly forming at the back of his neck as the family's eyes were now planted to him.

For some reason, it made him nervous as compared to facing demons.

"Miyuki's hand...haha!...ahh...I see!..." Rengoku nodded his head.

"Her hand! I was planning to ask her but I don't think now's the time. She just came back, I don't want to surprise her with-"

"Oooh, what surprise?" Someone cut off with a curious tone which made him stop, he almost bit his tongue.

It was Miyuki, already dressed in her kimono and was standing quietly behind the Flame Pillar's back.

Miyuki has always been light with her feet; quiet and stealthy.

"Yuki! How long have you been standing there?"

"Hm? Not long. Anyway, who are we going to surprise?"