XIX: Hot Spring

"Umai!...Umai!...Umai!"

"This tastes good...have some, Kyou."

"Hm! Umai!"

"Oh, try this dish. It has Bamboo shoots in it."

"Umai!"

The two pillars were having their dinner at an eat-all-you-can restaurant just right next to the inn they were staying at. The gawking eyes of the people's amazement never left the two pillars who were busy on their own food.

"Uhm...excuse me, miss?"

One of the attendants suddenly called for Miyuki's attention.

"Yes?"

"There are some people looking for you outside the shop. They asked me to call for the silver-haired lady."

"Me?"

Miyuki peeked behind the Flame Pillar and saw a familiar facade of a well-disguised demon wearing a distasteful expression as they both made eye contact.

The pillar recognized it to be Yushiro.

Rengoku Kyojurou noticed something caught Miyuki's attention, but before he could even turn his head and sense Yushiro, she excused herself first.

"Kyou, I'll go out for a second."

"Who is it? Someone you know?" He asked without his eyes searching for who it was.

Since the Ice Pillar was discreet of her reactions, it didn't really alarm her companion as well.

Nothing was suspicious.

"Hm. Sort of... I'll be quick." Miyuki gave an assuring smile before leaving her chair.

As she went out, she followed her senses and walked to the back alley where Yushiro was waiting with his arms crossed.

"We met again sooner than I expected, Yushiro-san. A surprise, more so..." The Ice Pillar greeted.

"Though I'm not looking forward to this meeting, still, I had no choice. Tamayo-sama asked me to."

Miyuki noticed that despite having Yushiro in the area, the demon Tamayo was nowhere to be sensed.

Yushiro read the pillar's curiosity and continued instead, "Tamayo-sama's hiding for now. Things went a bit messed up after you left and the Kamado siblings came our way."

"The hideout was found?" Miyuki raised her brow.

"Obviously. Kibutsuji Muzan's lapdogs found the trail...it's only a matter of time anyway, considering that you were there and also the weird demon also dropped by."

Weird demon...

He was referring to Nezuko.

Miyuki listened --- her mind already pacing through the sequence of events and its possibility of danger.

"So, calling me out here must mean..." She probed, waiting for the demon to finish her suspicion.

"Yeah. Tamayo-sama wanted to warn you that Kibutsuji isn't just going to look for the Blue Spider Lilies anymore."

"We suspect that he's also going to come for you..."

The Ice Pillar let out a sarcastic scoff before leaning against the wall.

"The findings of our experiments weren't leaked, weren't they? There's still no concrete proof that he's going to benefit to my blood, is there?"

Yushiro shook his head.