XII: (Side Story) The Young Lord and The Errand Boy (Part Two)

Chapter XII continued...

Muchisato had to send his child off to the port first before returning back to his patient. The young lord then took up the concoction hours after Sayuri had left.

"How many days does this medicine should take effect again?" The young lord spoke.

"Three days, Kibutsuji-sama. The concoction should heal you in three days more." Musichato answered.

Waiting for three days for his progress was a nightmare for the young lord. Ever since he took up the medicine, he felt worse.

Every single cell in his body felt like it was ripping apart. This time, he really felt like he was dying and will soon die at any moment.

No servants dared to step into his room.

The man would only violently send them out after seeing the frightened look on their faces and he hated it.

He was looking for the errand boy but then he was already gone. His very own thoughts was starting to poison his mind.

That doctor's a failure. He's trying to kill me...

Did he sent off his son first because he knew he wouldn't succeed? Or was that errand boy also an accomplice?

The young lord was slowly starting to be consumed in the darkness.

Muchisato entered the room with a bit of panic from the lord's reaction with the medicine. He knew this was part of the process but he didn't expect it to be this worse.

The lord's blood instantly boiled upon seeing the doctor.

"You stupid wench!!! You call this a treatment? Do you have any idea what you've done?!?!" He bursted out.

Muchisato calmed himself and tried to smile, nervousness was still written all over his face.

"Please, Kibutsuji-sama. This is part of your healing process...your body is just getting used with the medicine. Once it settled, you'll need another dose to finish your treatment."

Muchisato explained but the young lord didn't listen to any of it.

Kibutsuji Muzan loathed the doctor and all the doctors before him. He hated his condition.

He hated the fact that a nobleman like him has to rely his life over the words of those below him.

He hated everything.

"Kibutsuji-sama, please rest-"

Muchisato's eyes widened after feeling a sharp pain in his chest while seeing the young lord's satisfying grin in front of him.

"I'm really tired of seeing your face, doctor. Why don't you have a taste of what I'm going through right now?"

A dagger.

The young lord had always hidden a dagger under his bed to those who attempt to kill him.

This time...he used it to end the life of his doctor.

He hasn't noticed that his body moved perfectly fine when he did that. His body gained strength that was unknown to him...his body felt great.

And he only realized it when the doctor's life was already gone.

"Oh well, this was your job to begin with, isn't that right? You've succeeded, doctor. Although I still have to express my thanks to you..."

The young lord changed his bloodied robes and cleaned himself while the doctor's body was still lying in his room.