my life

Today was the best day of my life.  I can't remember the last time I had this much fun. I have to go home though. Seth walked me to the front door.

"You could always stay with us so you won't be alone" Seth says. I did like staying with them. I can't remember everyone's name. There were so many.

"No I really should be here. Maybe I'll see you tomorrow?" I sounded almost hopeful. I really wanted to see him again. He made me feel alive. I know I shouldn't see him but I want to.

"I'll pick you up" he promises. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"I'm sorry I don't know why I did that." Stupid Alex. He laughs and Kisses my head.

"Bye baby girl" I smiled and went inside. Since I've met him I've been smiling a lot. It's so unlike me. I want him in my life. Could I?

And keep him from dad? No one knows about dad yet. Maybe I could do this. I don't have to be miserable.

I passed by a mirror in the hallway and saw my reflection. I didn't even recognize the girl staring back at me. Her skin was flawless no bruises in sight. Her eyes were full of life and her lips were turned up into into a smile.

She was lovely. "That's me?" Can this be me? I shook it off and sat on the couch. The house seems oddly empty but I loved it.

I tried going to sleep, but my mind kept going back to Seth. Why was he so interested in me? I like him and that's saying a lot because I don't know how to like someone.

Maybe I can learn. I spent hours thinking of him. Does he think of me? Probably not. I guess I'll find out.

I was almost asleep when the phone rang. Who could be calling this late? I answered.

"Hello?" Shit it was dad.

"Change of plans. I'll be back the day after tomorrow." I felt my heart sink. He didn't wait for a reply and he hung up.

Three days was all I had without him. And one more day with Seth....