~27~

Present:
Old lady,Jacqueline(Jackie) has her eyes closed as she remembered Rose whistling. She instantly felt the agonizing pain in her arms from waving them like crazy to get help. She opened her eyes again.

Jacqueline"1500 people went into the sea when Titanic sank from under us. There were twenty boats floating nearby,and only one came back. One!" Everyone cries as they hear her story of how she survived the sinking of the Titanic. Jacqueline"Six were saved from the water,me and Rose included. Six! Out of 1500! Afterward,the 700 people in the boats had nothing to do but wait. Wait to die. Wait to live. Wait for an absolution." She shook her head"That would never come"

1912:
Rose cuddled me in a warm blanket on a lifeboat,one of the Titanic's crew men waves a green smoke signal in the air as he gave commands. We fell asleep that night,memories of my dead brother still haunted and plagued my memory. Thank god,Rose was there to help me get through the recurring nightmares.

We woke the next morning to see another giant ship:

Me and Rose hide behind a blanket as we saw Cal walk back,looking for Rose

Me and Rose hide behind a blanket as we saw Cal walk back,looking for Rose. Me:"And that was the last time we ever saw him. He married,of course,and inherited his millions. But the Crash of '29. Hit his interests hard and he put a pistol in his mouth that year or so we read"

A man came over with an umbrella as me and Rose stood out in the pouring cold rain but the rain was nothing compared to the cold ocean

A man came over with an umbrella as me and Rose stood out in the pouring cold rain but the rain was nothing compared to the cold ocean. Man"Can I take your names please,loves?" He asked us with a British accent. Rose looked at him"Dawson. Rose Dawson. And my daughter,Jacqueline Dawson" he wrote them down and walked away.

It was discussed between me and Rose that when we arrived in New York that she was going to adopt me as her daughter. We eventually did make it to land in New York and Rose was true to her word,she adopted me as her daughter. This would've been what my brother had wanted. It was good for the both of us. I did grow out of poverty,I will always love my brother. But it's kind of good to live a life where we don't have to worry about money too much. My brother would've been so happy and proud of Rose for giving me a good life with her,a life he thought he couldn't give me and provide me with. She was the best mother that I have ever known.