~16~

I sat in a chair and I sat quietly. In the room was just me,Rose and Cal. He walked over to Rose and he slapped her"Oh,it is a little slut,isn't it?" He shook her rapidly"You look at me when I'm talking to you!" A man walked in"Mr. Hockley?" Cal"Not now. We're busy" Man"You've been asked to put on life belts and go to the boat deck" Cal"I said,not now" Man"I'm sorry,Mr. Hockley,but it's Captain's orders. Dress warmly. It's quite cold out tonight" Cal walked away"May I suggest top coats and hats" I walked to Rose and we hugged and comforted each other,the man walked to us"Not to worry,ladies. I'm sure it's just a precaution" yeah,sure.

I walked beside Rose,her mother and Cal as we walked into the room with the Grand Staircase. Cal"Just like the damn English-doing everything by the book!" Ruth"There's no need for language,Mr. Hockley" she turned to her maids"Go back and turn the heaters on in our rooms. I'd like a cup of tea when I return" the maids walked away. Me and Rose noticed Mr. Andrews and she pulled him aside"Mr. Andrews. We saw the iceberg. And I see it in your eyes. Please tell us the truth"

He did provide us with the cold,bare truth"The ship will sink" Me:"Certain?" Andrew"Yes,in an hour or so. All of this will be at the bottom of the Atlantic. Please tell only who you must. I don't want to be responsible for a panic. And get to a boat quickly! Don't wait! Rose,you remember what I told you about the boats?" Rose"Yes,I understand"