~12~

Jack introduced me to Margaret Brown who let Jack wear a suit from her son and she let me borrow a dress from her daughter- Awesome little flower girl look./Beautiful/Pretty/Pink dress...)

Jack held my hand as we walked into the First Class dining saloon. We walked to the Grand Staircase,it was wonderful and I truly felt like royalty.

Rose's mother and Cal came down the stairs,paying no attention to us,but we are used to that

Rose's mother and Cal came down the stairs,paying no attention to us,but we are used to that. Then Rose came down the stairs,looking like a Queen,like a goddess. Jack kissed her hand and we walked into the dining room.

Rose introduced us to everyone-The Countess of Rothes. John Jacob Astor,the richest man on the ship,his little wife,Madeleine is Rose's age and in "delicate condition" Rose"See how she is trying to hide it? Quite the scandal. Benjamin Guggenheim and his mistress,Madame Aubert. Mrs. Guggenheim is at home with the children of course. And Sir Cosmo and Lucile,Lady Duff-Gordon. She designs naughty lingerie among her many talents. Very popular with the royals"

We helped escort Molly to dinner"Ain't nothing to it. They love money. Pretend like you own a gold mine and you're in the club" we got to meet John Jacob Astor and his wife,Madeleine"Hey,Astor" Astor"Well,hello,Molly" Rose"JJ,Madeleine. I'd like you to meet Jack and Jacqueline Dawson" Madeleine"How do you do?" She shook Jack's hand and then she bent down to me.

Madeleine"Hello,sweetie" Me:"Hello. Can I whisper something to you?" Madeleine"Sure" she came close"Are you going to have a baby?" Madeleine"Yes" we smiled at each other and I got to meet JJ Astor"Are you of the Boston Dawson's?" Jack"No,the Chippewa Falls Dawson's,actually" JJ"Oh,yes"

I sat between Jack and Molly. We were very nervous but we never faulted. They assumed that we were two of them. Heirs to a railroad fortune perhaps. New money,obviously but still members of the club. Rose's mother of course could always be counted upon.

Ruth"Tell us of the accommodations in steerage,Mr. Dawson. I hear they're quite good on this ship" Jack"The best I've seen ma'am,hardly any rats" Cal"Mr. and Miss Dawson are joining us from third class. He was of some help to my fiancée last night" Rose"It happens Mr. Dawson is quite a fine artist. He was kind enough to show me some of his work today" Cal"Rose and I differ in our definition of fine art. Not to impugn your work,sir" Jack took no offense to it.

I looked at Molly and Jack whispered to her"Is this all for us?" Molly"Just start from the outside and work your way in" Ruth"Where exactly do you live,Mr. Dawson?" Jack"Right now,me and my sister's address is the RMS Titanic. After that we are on God's good humor" Ruth"How is it that you and your sister have means to travel?" Jack"I work my way from place to place. Tramp steamers and such. I won our tickets on Titanic at a lucky hand at poker. A very lucky hand" Man"All life is a game of luck" Cal"A real man makes his own luck. Right,Dawson?" Jack nods.

Ruth"And you find that sort of ruthless existence appealing do you?" Jack"Yes,ma'am, I do. I've got everything I need right here with me. I have air in my lungs,and blank sheets of paper,my little sister. I love waking up,not knowing what's going to happen,or who I'm going to meet,where I'm going to wind up. One night we are sleeping under a bridge now we are on the grandest ship in the world and I am having champagne with you fine people. I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You never know what hand you'll get dealt. You take life as it comes at you. Make each day count" we all made a toast to that.

Molly told all of us a story of her husband,money and the stove. The men left to have brandy's in the smoking room and congratulate each other on being masters of the universe. Me and Jack walked out of the first class dining saloon and up to a clock,Jack slipped a note into Rose's hand and now we wait for her.

She finally arrived and Jack asked"Do you want to go to a real party?"