~9~

Jack grabbed Jacqueline and she held onto him for dear life as they ran to catch the ship before it left. They sprinted towards the third class gangway aft. At E deck. They reached the bottom ramp just as Sixth Officer Moody starts to swing down the gangway doors. Jack called out"Wait! We're passengers!" Fabrizio waved the tickets.

Jacqueline waves to the man,he says in a British accent"Hello,baby" he waves and smiles at her as she did him. He looked at her brother and their friend"Have you all been through the inspections queue?" Jack lied"Of course. Anyway,we don't have lice. We're Americans,all of us" the officer looked a little testy"Right,come aboard" Jack made sure to duck his head and Jackie's so they didn't hit them when they jumped on board. Jack shouted to Fabrizio"We're the luckiest sons of bitches in the world! You know that?!"

They released the ropes as Titanic started to sail away. We went up to the deck to wave goodbye to people. Fabrizio"You know somebody?" Jack"Of course not,that's not the point" we waved to people that we have never seen before in our lives and we won't ever see again. We passed by people as we try to find room G-60. We did find it and Fabrizio took the top bunk. Jack introduced us to our 'roommates.'

"Rose told me at Cherbourg,a woman came aboard named Margaret Brown

"Rose told me at Cherbourg,a woman came aboard named Margaret Brown. We all called her Molly. History would call her'The Unsinkable Molly Brown' her husband had struck gold someplace out west and she was what Rose's mother,Ruth called-'New money'

By the next afternoon,we were steaming west off the coast of Ireland with nothing out ahead of us but ocean.