~6~

They took me to the room where our drawings were being preserved. I saw mine, of me when I was a little girl. I closed my eyes and I remembered that day,I remember looking into my brother's eyes, I opened my eyes again as Mr. Lovett started to talk openly"Louis XVI wore a fabulous stone that was...called the Blue Diamond of the Crown...which disappeared in 1792...about the same time old Louis lost everything from the neck up"

He took out a photo with the same shape as the necklace that Rose wore on the Titanic and he held it to Rose's drawing"The theory goes that the crown diamond was chopped,too. Recut into a heart-like shape that became known as...the Heart of the Ocean. Today it would be worth more than the Hope Diamond" I remembered what Rose told me about the blue diamond necklace that Cal gave her as an engagement present"It was a dreadful,heavy thing,Rose only wore it this once"

Lizzy looked at the drawing of me as a little girl"You actually think this is you,Nana?" Me:"It is me,dear. Wasn't I adorable? Wasn't Rose a dish?" Everyone giggled. Brock"I tracked it down through insurance records. An old claim that was settled under terms of absolute secrecy. Can you tell me who the claimant was,Jackie?" I thought for a short moment"I should imagine someone named Hockley" Brock"Nathan Hockley,that's right. Pittsburgh steel tycoon. The claim was for a diamond necklace his son...Caledon bought his fiancée;Rose. A week before he sailed on Titanic. And it was filed right after the sinking. So the diamond had to have gone down with the ship. You see the date?"

Lizzie read the date off of Rose's drawing"April 14,1912" she looked back at Lewis"Which means if your grandmother is who she says she is. Rose was wearing the diamond the day the Titanic sank" Brock"And that makes you my new best friend" I did see a bunch of objects. Brock said"These are some things from Rose's stateroom"

I picked up the mirror"This was hers" I smiled at my granddaughter"How extraordinary. And it looks the same as it did the last time I saw it" I turned it and I looked at myself in its reflection"the reflection has changed a bit" I put the mirror down and I picked up a butterfly hair clip that belonged to Rose and I held it close to me. Brock knelt down beside me"Are you ready to go back to Titanic?" I nodded my head,yes.