Something's Missing* | Elijah x Reader x Katherine

A/N: I had written this a long time ago as part of a multi-chapter soulmate story that I never finished. I found it in my drafts and reworked it into a one shot.

Thanks for reading!

***

"Tell me what you're thinking about, honey

"Tell me what you're thinking about, honey." Katherine Pierce asked me as we lay beside each other on the plush hotel bed, the luxurious sheets draped over our bodies. "And it better not be a Salvatore brother." Her full lips curled into a pout until I shook my head.

"No, not at all. I'm just... thinking." I couldn't tell her that I was thinking I'd rather be back home, instead of holed up in a swanky hotel on Bourbon Street.

I'd always wanted to come here, but now that we'd arrived, I had a sinking feeling... like we were somewhere we weren't supposed to be, or something big was about to happen.

"Well, stop thinking. We're here to have a little fun, do a little damage... maybe earn some beads?" She purred, turning to face me. Her blood red nails, filed into points, trailed over my skin. She left a field of goosebumps in her wake as she traced the edge of the sheet along the swell of my breasts.

Katherine and I had a complicated relationship. We'd met when we were both involved with Stefan and Damon Salvatore, respectively, and when they left us in the dust, we turned to each other. While we enjoyed each other's company, we both knew it wasn't enough.

She'd suggested a little girl's trip to New Orleans as way to shake off any lingering sadness surrounding us in Mystic Falls, and I didn't have the heart to reject her. She may have been a cold-hearted bitch to most people, but it was easy to see that was just a defense mechanism. Deep down, she really did care.

The sheet fell away from my body and my breath caught. Her fingernail circled my nipple, while her other hand dragged my face towards hers. Her honeysuckle fragrance clung to the sheets and my skin, and I knew if she asked me to, I would spend the entire weekend in this bed.

"You're so far away right now," she frowned, her thumb skating across my lower lip.

"I'm fine, honest." I shrugged one shoulder, and she kissed it softly.

"We should get dressed and go out somewhere," she suggested. "We can have some drinks and get you out of this dark mood you've been in."

A grin tugged at my lips. "Where should we go?"

"We can discuss that in the bathtub," she smirked, tearing the sheet all the way from our bodies.

***

"I don't know, Kat. This dress feels like it's too much." My hands skimmed the waist of a slinky black Theory dress that she'd picked for me to wear tonight.

"This is Bourbon Street, silly. Nothing is ever too much here." Her slender arms snaked around my waist as she led me back to the bar. The dress she wore was similar to mine, but in a deep shade of crimson and an inch or so shorter. She had the most delicious ass and she loved to show it off, and I knew the patrons behind us were loving the sight.