Patience is a Virtue

The moonlight sparkled on the surface of the giant pool, the glistening bodies illuminated in the night.

She didn't know whose house it was, it didn't really matter. All that mattered was that she knew he was there.

She emerged from the water, breasts bouncing, barely restrained in the red bikini top she'd worn deliberately to entice the man she'd had her eyes on for weeks. Slowly, she licked the water droplets from her supple lips.

She could feel eyes on her, but she couldn't be sure to whom they'd belonged. Her nipples hardened at the thought they might be his, the espresso color haunting her every waking moment.

She smoothed her wet hair back, using her thumbs to position it perfectly behind her ears, before sliding her hands over the damp fabric of her bikini bottoms as she stepped out of the pool and away from the crowd of party goers.

"There you are," his smooth, velvety voice flowing over her like warm honey.

She bit back her smirk, raising one eyebrow in response as her eyes raked over his sinewy body. Her mouth watered at the muscles and tendons working beneath his taut skin as he moved toward her, dabbing at his face with a crimson towel.

"Were you looking for me?" Her face held an expression of surprise, but they both knew he had been.

His hand grasped her arm, startling her with his strength.

She knew what he was. She had heard the whispers about the unnaturally beautiful siblings, who never seemed to age a day in the few years they had been living here. She had even seen his brother, Kol, lurking in the shadows at night, waiting for the perfect prey.

Still, she craved him. Dreaming about his hands gliding over her soft skin, fantasizing about his mouth on hers. She needed to know how he tasted.

They had only spoken a handful of times, but she knew how to play the game. She always left him wanting more - teasing him with carefully chosen words and select glimpses of her incredible body.

When he had mentioned he would be here tonight, she hadn't hesitated. Tonight, she would finally learn how it would feel to be wrapped around Elijah Mikaelson, to know exactly how loudly he could make her scream.

But first, the dance. She had to drive him crazy with need, the way he unintentionally did her.

"Let's go somewhere and talk," he suggested, the lust in his eyes all the encouragement she needed. He took her hand in his and lead her further down the street, away from prying eyes.

"I actually live right around here," she purred, changing their direction and leading him towards her spacious home. She lifted the latch on the stone fence, leading him inside her lush backyard, under the cover of the sprawling magnolia trees.

Still grasping her hand in his, he stopped walking, pulling her close to his chest so their still dripping bodies were nearly melded together.

He placed a hand on her neck, stroking her jaw with his thumb as he started into her eyes, feeling her ambrosial blood pump through her carotid artery. She smelled exquisite.

But he was nothing if not patient.

She pushed up on her toes, her hands sliding up his wet chest. She kept her lips millimeters from his as she felt his breath quicken across her lips. Her heart was beating overtime, and she knew he could smell the way he affected her.

Neither one of them knew who finally closed the space between them, all they knew was that they were suddenly connected at the mouth. Her soft pink lips caressed his, gently at first, lips parted, their breaths mingling together. He slipped his tongue in her warm, inviting mouth, tilting his head to the side to deepen the kiss.