Chapter 18

This chapter is dedicated to Infatuated. For those who haven't read her stories before, I really suggest them. Her writing is great. "Culinaria L'amore" was my favorite and is now complete. She has started writing "loveland" which is another favorite of mine! Her writing man... And stories ideas! Go check her out!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home sweet home.

That's what someone would say once they return to the place they have lived at for the past 19 years. But for me, oddly enough, that wasn't the case. For some reason I didn't want to be back. I mean, yeah sure I am excited to be here because I could get to see some people; but at the same time I was sad. I feel like a pregant hormonal woman.

Does that make any sense?

"Ready?" Max asked half-heartedly putting a pair of shades over his eyes like the "cool guy" he is. Damn, sometimes his attitude just reminds me of Damon from "The Vampire Diaries." Yup, there's my inner fangirl.

So I did the only thing I could to not cry or run back to the ship. I took a deep breath and tried to muster the best smile I could and nod my head. I could barely see that he rolled his eyes at me through the dark lenses.

As we walked through the brush of my little beach I could smell the muffins from the bakery. Warm and soft, just like how everything was before. But now this place seems a few degrees colder since all I could think about was my purpose here which reminds me of my parents. The opposite of warm and soft; cold and rock hard. Like a hockey puck.

I've always hated hockey...

I feel horrible. I hadn't told anyone about my dream the other night. I'm ashamed of what my father did and I don't even really remember where the man lived, if he still lives there, and if he is still even alive. I don't need Harper getting on my ass about that too.

It also has to do with the fact that I don't even really remember a McHagan. Now that I think about it, my father never dared to take me to one of his business meetings. I think I've swallowed way too much seawater that I was hallucinating. You see, on our way here Wesley and Max got bored and made a game out of who can scare the crap out of Brandy the most by pushing her overboard. I scare easily so you can just imagine my shock everytime my body hit the water.

Note to self: Don't breath when you're underwater!

"Where to first, tiger?" Max interrupted my thoughts.

I knew my answer immediately, "The bakery."

So we walked the short distance to the bakery. I was so paranoid. I felt like everyone was watching and judging me for leaving, but nobody really glanced in my direction since it's a Saturday afternoon and everyone had errands.

"Brandy Miller stop right there! Where have you been?" I let my arm fall from the door handle and turned around. There standing in front of me was my own mother.

"Mother." I replied cooly.

"Where have you been?" She repeated her question whilst clenching her teeth.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking where you have been? I'm quite surprised you're actually in town and not in the city with your fancy business meetings and what not." I glared raising my right brow.

"Mind your tone. Now explain why you have been missing for months on end?" She spat returning the glare.

"Why are you back?" I asked.

"Because everyone in this damn town has been calling your father and I countless times asking where you had disappeared to! Now are you going to tell your MOTHER where you have been sneaking off to?" She shouted gaining the attention of a few bystanders, "Perhaps with this young man? You are too young to be running off and you have college you need to go to. Enough with your little 'romance' Brandy."