Chapter 21

I gasped for air and my head was pulled up from the water and then dunked right back underneath. As I was brought up again the hard grasp on my hair let go. I sputtered coughing up water and tried to regain my breath. Somebody quickly pulled my into an embrace kissing the top of my head.

"Oh my God. You're alive." He exhaled deeply and chuckled a bit. I wiped at my eyes and found Max with his arms around me. His body was shaking; he was crying. He put his forehead to mine and, sure enough, there were tears on his face.

He chuckled again when I gaped. Max Dagger was actually crying. He pulled me out of the large bathtub I was in making sure to support my weight. Calypso stood up from where I was a few seconds before. She must've been the one dunking me because Max wouldn't be that rough with me. Camille ran up to me with a towel and wrapped it around my shoulders. Harper and Wesley were standing nearby with the rest of the crew behind them.

"How-" I tried to talk but Max shushed me.

"Shh let your voice rest." I shook my head at him before directing the question towards Harper.

"How did you guys find me? What happened?"

"It really wasn't hard to follow after them and we, quite easily, took you back. Only two of their men noticed Max and Wesley on the ship and they were thrown overboard. I'm guessing Preston probably won't notice until someone goes to check up on you."

"Oh. I saw Wesley and I must have passed out and when I woke up there were people talking and I felt a lot of pain. Is my baby okay?" I started freaking out and looked down where my stomach was completely flat again. My baby!

"What happened? I don't look pregnant! Is my baby dead?" I yelled and pulled away from Max and started hyperventilating. The sound of crying filled the room. A baby cry.

"What?" Calypso walked up to me; a baby in her arms. She handed the child over to me.

"Say hello to our baby girl, sweetheart." Max said kissing the baby's head.

"I was only around two months pregnant how could I have given birth?"

"They made me use my magic to make the pregnancy go faster because you were extremely sick." Calypso responded, "But you died in the process. These men used their wish to bring you back, my dear. You must mean something very special to them."

"Wish? I don't understand." What wish could they have? We never turned anything in.

Max put his arm around my waist, "Well when we went to go save you I went into Preston's office and stole the flag. He stole my treasure I steal his." I looked at him confused and he sighed, "He stole what means the world to me-you- so I took what he loved the most-the flag." I smiled up at him. But then it dawned on me, "But Captain Harper, what about your son?"

The old man sighed heavily, "If I brought Sean back he would be angry with me. He sacrificed himself for me and he never really enjoyed living this life. You on the other hand clearly enjoy being with us and I knew Max wouldn't be able to go on knowing you were dead." Max looked sheepish but I could still see the love in his eyes nonetheless.

"Do you mind if I step out for a minute to just try and process this?" I asked slowly.

"By all means." Harper said.

I exited the cave and sat down on the warm sand. I cradled my little girl who was sleeping peacefully in my arms. A few tears leaked my eyes as I let out a shaky laugh, "I am a mother. Holy crap." I kissed her head. Somebody sat down beside me and kissed my temple.

"What do you think?" Max asked me lovingly.

"I noticed that she has your eyes. You know, when we were inside and she was crying."