Chapter 6

“You know the rules Max. We don’t associate with the prisoners. They go straight to Calypso.” A tall, grungy man walked in speaking firmly.

“My apologies Captain Harper.”

That’s how I ended up locked in this disgusting cell with my hands bound behind me and a cloth tied over my mouth. No poisons on it this time thank goodness. By the looks of it you would think nobody has been down here in ages. There are cobwebs everywhere but I don’t see the spiders. It’s really dark but a small hole in the side of the ship allowed barely enough light inside my cell. Walking backwards I bumped into something and fell over it. When I landed on it I saw it was a rotted skeleton. Any person would scream if they fell on something that disgusting. That’s just what I did and I wouldn’t stop.

I threw a huge fit up on deck and did manage to steal a sword and tried to decapitate Max when he came near me trying to get me down here. Let’s just say he has much more experience with swordplay than I do. I am a pretty fast runner so a chase was involved too, Max outsmarted me again. The rest is history.

“Thith ith dithcuthing! Lem me outh oth thith hehhoe! Hemp! Thomeone hemp!” I screamed through the cloth which unfortunately muffled my voice. After two minutes a lock turned and Max sauntered in looking pleased.

“Not as tough as we appear are we Brandy?” He unlocked my cell but when I tried to escape he blocked me and shut the cell.

“Lem me oh Macth!”

“Sorry babe. Can’t understand a word you’re saying. Cat got your tongue?”

I kicked him in the stomach slamming him into the bars of the cell. When he fell to the floor I ran to the skeleton as a last resort and used his, or her, yellowed teeth to cut the rope on my wrists. I started to untie the cloth covering my mouth but Max pushed me up against the wall behind me.

“I just keep underestimating you.” He whispered in my ear while shivers ran down my spine. He finished untying it for me as his eyes stared into mine.

“You have and will always. Watch your back Max.”

“You’ve got spunk but you can be pristine. Brave, determined, bold, but fragile and innocent, I like it.” He traced my collarbone with the tip of his finger.

“Maybe I want you to think I’m pristine.” I whispered back.

“Let’s just see about that. You can’t handle me. It’s written all over your face. First one to break it off loses.” He came closer and lifted my chin with his forefinger as his lips barely brushed over mine. Normally I would back away from somebody but like he said: I’m bold and determined. I will win this fight whether it takes my whole life to escape this ship.

“Game on pirate boy.”

I brought my lips to meet with his full on. His lips tasted like the sweetness of plums. I could easily dominate this kiss if I wanted to. His tongue glided over my bottom lip. I parted my lips granting him access. I really didn’t have a choice unless I wanted to lose. Our breaths hitched as our kiss deepened. His hands grabbed my waist as my legs wrapped around his hips and my hands roamed through his hair. Luckily the door opened up right as I was about to break the kiss.

“What the hell are you two doing?” The captain shouted causing Max to drop me on the skeleton. Again. Really? This skeleton really can’t stop catching me. I scrambled up onto my feet and blushed.

“Maximilian! Get to my quarters immediately!” All I got was a wink from Max before I was engulfed in total darkness again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry I haven't uploaded in about a week! But don't worry! I should be writing more frequently because I am so determined to get on watty awards 2012. I hope you enjoyed it!

What did you guys think? I thought I owed you guys something juicy since I have been M.I.A. So I added the kiss. Busted by the captain though ;P HA!