Chapter 17

“Max, Wesley, Brandy! Meet me in my quarters now.” Captain Harper bellowed when we returned back onboard. It’s hard to tell if he’s mad or not; as always.

               We followed him in the room. I sat on the love seat like last time, Wesley sat on the couch, and Max leant against the side of my seat. Harper went to his desk and unraveled a map plotting down some random points. Several moments later he put the quill back in the bottle of ink and folded his hands. He looked at each of us taking a deep breath.

“The original Jolly Roger flag.” He spoke.

“What about it?” Max questioned sounding bored already, as usual.

“The flag is the next item.”

Wesley cleared his throat, “Well sir, what do you suggest we do?”

“Why don’t we ask the lass here?” They turned and looked at me. Hell if I know!

“Um, well the other year in school I heard that the flag was captured in a battle off the North African Coast in 1780. It is from the 18th century and is quite rare and now it is displayed at the National Museum of the Royal Navy located in Portsmouth, United Kingdom.”

“Wrong.” That’s all Harper said.

“How is it wrong? Where else would it be?”

“It isn’t there. I talked to another ally of ours who has already been there. They sent a pirate in as a tourist asking to see it and they claimed that they have never had the flag nor do they know where the current location is.”

“Okay well its lost at sea then. That’s just great.” I mumbled.

“Wrong.”

“Then where is it?” I stood up getting irritated.

“You know where it is Brandy. Think. You have seen it with your own two eyes.” Harper replied.

“How would she have seen it? She said she’s never left her hometown before now.” Max said.

“It’s in her town then.” Wesley said jumping up.

“How is it in my town? We are some tiny little place with nothing of significance. I think I would know if we had a rare and legendary flag lying around Captain.”

“Well you are obviously too incompetent to remember. So you’ll have to go searching for it.”

“Me?” I shouted, “I don’t know where it is and you obviously do so why can’t you go and get it?”

“Nonsense. It’s the place you grew up at so you know it best. Max will be going with you since he has been there recently as well. This object we have to get. We can’t let another ship get their hands on it. We had already lost the last object therefore we cannot lose this one.”

“Yes sir. I have to get back to the wheel now so I can head us that way. May I be dismissed?” Wesley asked standing by the door.

“Aye.” Harper said returning to his map.

After Wesley left I approached Harper’s desk. “Why does it matter so damn much whether we get the items or not? And I do not appreciate you downsizing me like that. Show some respect.” I demanded slamming my fist down on the mahogany.

“Who do you think you are? I can take you back to Calypso as of this moment and have her finish you off or would you prefer to be fed to the Kraken? You show me respect Miller. You don’t know what you’re talking about. Stop being so damn persistent for once and obey my orders like you should be doing!” He shouted stabbing a knife into the desk. {A/N I laughed writing that part. Effy from The Hunger Games: “That’s mahogany!” XD}