Chapter 13

A/N this is dedicated to an awesome author, GermanSam, who has had me up till 2 and 3 in the morning reading her stories! I wish I was as great of a writer as her! All of you who read this need to go read her stories NOW!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

              I have been waiting for Max to come back for the past two hours! It’s not like I can go searching for him because then my plan would be ruined. Plus I really don’t need some of those pirates perving on me. Confused? Okay, so basically I have been sitting around in only a light blue button down shirt that goes down to my thighs. I’m going to be getting back at Max the same way he got me with his charm. Only instead of me purposefully doing it I will be playing the little innocent, pristine girl he assumes I am.

               Maybe I should just do this tomorrow. I mean, it has been two hours and it’s getting late. I feel like I’m going to fall asleep. And I refuse to fall asleep with only this shirt on knowing that Max will come back at some point, most likely tipsy or drunk and I don’t really want to find out in the morning if he did anything.

               With one last glance at the doorway I look down at the buttons and sigh. All of this work for nothing. I managed to shave my legs with the blade of a knife without cutting myself, found a comb to fix my hair, and took Max’s toothbrush so I don’t have nasty breath. Well, the whole toothbrush thing wasn’t a waste because I have been dying to scrub all that nasty morning breath out of my mouth for days!

               I have unbuttoned the whole shirt and am about to take it off when the door opens up. Holy crap this is one of those moments I am so grateful that I am wearing something underneath. I am so glad I decided to leave my bathing suit on because Max just walked in. Shit shit SHIT! This has really backfired! I can already feel the heat on my cheeks as Max freezes with his eyes wide. Did I mention holy crap yet?

               Stay calm Brandy. Now you just have to improvise. So instead of me turning around and buttoning up like I would normally do if this happened I strutted over to him and smiled.

“Oh, you back.”

“Um, yeah.” He said slowly blinking a couple times to keep focus on my face. “You do realize you’re nearly half naked right?”

“Oh. I just got really hot but if you want I can put the sweatpants and tee-shirt back on.” I said and started to pick the shirt up from the dresser.

“No, no. I don’t mind one bit.” He smirked at me with his usual cockiness seeping into his voice and I smiled.

“Oops!”

               The shirt was now on the floor because I ‘accidently’ let it go a little off the dresser. I looked down at it and then back up at him and shrugged. I bend down slowly to pick up the shirt. No I am not going to do an Elle ‘Bend and snap!!’ because we all know that doesn’t work for everybody…

               When I stand back up I notice Max staring at my legs intently. I place the shirt back on the dresser and flop down on his bed on my stomach. I have to try so hard not to pass out right here. I look at Max and pat the space next to me. He raises an eyebrow and I only smirk back at him.

“Come on Max. Just sit down. I just wanna talk. Don’t worry, I won’t bite.” I wink at him and he starts to walk over slowly. When he sits down I roll over onto my back and turn my head to face him.

“So Camille?” I ask.

“What about Camille?” He questions.

“Well last time I checked she was dying and a siren. Now she is completely healthy and well, human. What happened?”