Chapter 27

Chapter 27

“What is it, Peter?” I groaned walking towards the hallway. I stopped in my tracks with Bails right behind me. “Oh my god.” I said staring at the figure in front of me. It was a P.I. He was young around late 20s early 30s at most. He had brown hair and brown eyes and was wearing a black suit and tie. “What happened?” I asked.

“John Maverick.”  He said sticking out his hand. I shook it uneasily. “I’m on the case of how your parents died.” He started. He opened his mouth to speak but I beat him to it.

“My parents died in a car accident.” I snapped.

“Yeah, but that’s not what I think. I was hired by an unknown source to investigate this. When I took a look at your parents biopsy I didn’t find any evidence of them being in a car at the time of death.” I stared at him. He’s crazy, he has to be. 

“Come in.” I said quietly. Kayla was upstairs sleeping.  I brought the P.I. into the living room. The doorbell rang again. “Peter--?” before I could ask him to get the door he was already on it. Bailee and I sat on the couch while he sat in the chair across from us. It wasn’t a chair more like a… couch-chair-thing. Anyway back to business. “So, what’s this about the biopsy?” I asked.

“There were no reports of any sort of metal, plastic or anything on your parents bodies. There was a report of some glass but that’s it. I think your parents weren’t killed, but murdered.” My eyes grew wide at that.

“What?!” I almost shrieked. I put my hand over my mouth. Kayla was only in the other room. He nodded.

“The glass didn’t look as if it had been thrown on them like it would in a car crash. It looked like it was stabbed into them. It was much too deep for a crash and in too specific of places. Places where if you were to be stabbed there you’d likely die of blood loss: the neck where the artery is, wrist, back of the knee, stomach—“

“Okay, got enough of that.” Bailee cut in. I nodded in agreement.

Then as clear as day, I heard a creak come from upstairs. My head snapped up and fear coursed through my veins. “Peter?” My voice cracked.

“Yeah?” He came in through the kitchen. I stood up and ran to the small back room that Kayla is sleeping in. She was still there.

“Megan?” I whisper screamed. She came out of the bathroom. I started breathing deeply.

I looked scared at the P.I. He looked back.

“Bails, grab Peter and Megan and get to the back room.” I said.

“Wait, Siobhan—“ She didn’t finish before John and I dashed upstairs. John turned back to me halfway up and placed his fingers against his lips signaling to be quiet. I nodded. We crept upstairs and looked in each room. It wasn’t until we got to my room that we found something. In my room the window was wide open and the screen was broken.  I started breathing heavier and heavier. 

“Mr. M-Maverick?” I said my voice an octive higher from fright. His eyes were wide. I looked around to see if anything was stolen. I almost had a heart attack when I saw something taped on my mirror.

“Siobhan!” John said. Before I could say anything I was walking to the mirror. It was a small note.

Don’t think I forgot about you.

My hand flew up to my mouth. “John!” I screeched. Tears poured out of my eyes. “What,” My breath hitched, I couldn’t breath. I was in a total state of panic. “I-I can’t-I don’t-John!” I shrieked.

“Siobhan, breath, don’t worry.” John said.

“Siobhan! Come downstairs!” Peter shouted. I didn’t answer.

“Siobhan!” It was a very familiar Irish accent.

“Niall.” I whispered.

“Who?” John asked.

“My fiancé.” I said. “Oh god, what if he get’s hurt?!” I whisper-screamed. I ran downstairs and immediately saw Niall.

“Siobhan, what happened?” Niall rushed up to me.  I couldn’t answer; I just shook my head and started shaking. I heard footsteps come downstairs. Niall looked behind me.

“Siobhan’s parents,” I heard John say. Niall wrapped his arms around me. “might’ve been murdered.”

“Oh my god.”

“But that’s not even the least of it.” John continued.

“What’d you mean?” I asked looking at him.

“Only Jeanette was there. There was a biopsy for both but one body was missing. It’s very possible that Ross, he isn’t dead.”  

A/N

Sup yo? I'm not on my computer i'm on my mom's mac book air. so. WHO SAW THAT COMING???? I bet no one cos i'm an evil genius!!!!! yes i know, i know, thank you, thank you. NO YOU ARE AWESOME LITTLE PEASANT WHOM I'M DONT KNOW. 

LOL sorry i'm really weird.  

so yeah i'm my computer back soon. 

I feel that i haven't connected with anyone who has been reading this so if you comment and ask me any question i'll answer in the next authors note :) ASK ME ANYTHING.

VOTE, FAN, COMMENT!!!!!! <33333

~Siobhan