Chapter 36

Chapter 36

I stared in disbelief at the computer screen. It’d been four months since I got back and things weren’t quite back to normal. The boys and girls, when they were around me they acted as if I would explode. Still. It’s just I’m scared to tell them everything. Everybody has constantly been trying to get me to talk to them. I can’t tell them what happened, though, they might leave me. I lied, actually. I told Zayn all of what happened. He’s been… drawn back, away from me. I hate it.

Flashback four months ago

“Love you, too, Peter.” I said into the phone receiver, straining to hear my brother on the other side of the phone. He was safely in Canada with my aunt and uncle. I pressed end and locked arms with Megan.

“Siobhan, will you please tell me who ‘X’ is?” Zayn said pulling me aside from Megan who was talking to the manager. 

“Zayn, I-I, you won’t treat me the same if I do.” I tried to reason with him.

“Try me.” He said seriously. I started to argue back but he cut me off. “You said after we find Megan you’d tell me. We found Megan but I don’t hear you telling me what happened and who the hell ‘X’ is.”

I sighed in defeat.”Ju-just please don’t treat me any different.” I breathed in heavily.

“I won’t.” He said. Little did I know he would treat me differently.

“When I was in America for the funeral after it a P.I. came to me and he said my parents might have been murdered. Right then I started getting anonymous notes signed with a ‘X’. They were creepy and scary. One was thrown through my window taped to a rock. I went to the police to speak to the P.I. John Maverick. I grabbed one of my dad’s guns thought, because I was terrified. I got there and he confiscates my gun then points it at me. He backs me up to the sidewalk. Soon I’m in the middle of a street with a giant truck barreling at me. I don’t know how but I got out of the way and ran into the trees. John was chasing me, shooting at me, he got my leg. When there were no more bullets he was shot. By my father.”

“Your father? I thought he was dead.” Zayn said.

“Yeah, they didn’t kill him, they lied to us.” I said. “Dad shot John right in the chest and killed him. I went back home with Dad. While dad was in the shower there was another note written on my starbucks cup. We were meeting them that night. Or it was supposed to be just me and not dad but he came anyway. We were going to kill them for torturing and killing mom.  I was angry, I wouldn’t have said it if I hadn’t been infuriated. I was seeing red vision while getting ready. We were hiding in the bushes next to Memorial Park, waiting for them to show up.” A tear slipped out of my eye. “They came up behind us. They knew dad was coming. When I woke up I was in some room. It was all bear and I was in a bed. They beat my dad half to death right in front of me, then shot him. They shot him right in the head.” I was full on crying by now, the memory was too painful to go into detail about. “They raped me and kept me for I don’t even know how long, 2 months maybe, three? They beat me, I was barely alive when I got out. I was as skinny as a skeleton, too.” I looked at Zayn, he looked scared, like I might go crazy or something. I wasn’t gonna go crazy, I was just sad.

“H-how did you get out?” I flinched at his question. That is one question I can’t answer. “Siobhan, how did you get out?”

“I killed them.” I closed my eyes letting the guilt take over my body. “I killed Mr. X and one man from his gang.” I cried. I could feel the tension in between Zayn and I, it could be sliced with a knife it was so thick. I looked up at Zayn through my tears. He looked… scared, like if he did anything wrong I might kill him.