Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Megan’s P.O.V.

I was jerked awake by the ringing of the alarm clock on my bed side table. I groaned and shut it off. It was 5:30 in the morning. Siobhan was picking me up at 6:30 so I had just enough time to shower and get dressed and presentable to be seen in public.

I walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower. I stepped in and let the warm water wake me up.

After washing myself I stepped out to the cold air and quickly wrapped a towel around my shivering body.

I walked into my room and threw on some gray sweat pants and a pink tank top and brushed through my knotted hair. I put on some eyeliner and mascara and I’m ready. 

I opened the drawer that held the scissors and took them out. I held them in my hand. Should I? I know it’s wrong but it helps… I opened the scissors and dragged the blade across my skin. It cut more than I intended but I almost didn’t feel it. Just a small sting. There was more blood but I pressed a tissue to it as I put the scissors in my drawer.

Throwing out the tissue and walking downstairs with everything I’m bring and sitting in the kitchen, I waited for Siobhan to get here. It was 6:21, she should be here soon.

Five minutes later the door bell rang. I quickly answered the door, dragging my suit case with me.

“You ready?” Siobhan asked. I nodded.

She opened the trunk to her car. I put my suitcase in it. Siobhan looked terribly weak.

“How are you?” I asked as I closed the door to the passenger’s side.

“I’m weak. Tired. I don’t know if I can do this.” She answered.

“What can’t you do?” I asked.

“This in general.” She said as we pulled onto the highway. “With chemo and Kayla and Niall and mom and dad…” I put my hand on her shoulder.

“You can do this.” I said. “I wish I was taking you with me. I really do, if anyone deserves to see Niall it’s you, but with chemo and everything.”

“No, I know,” She said. “Doctors won’t let me travel for long anyway, so it’s all good. I skype the boys a lot, though.” She paused. “Zayn misses you.”

There was a pang in my heart. “I miss him too.” I looked down at my lap. I swallowed back the tears that were forming at the back of my throat. We sat for the rest of the ride in silence. It wasn’t an awkward silence. The good thing about Siobhan is that if you sit in silence with her it’s always comfortable.

About an hour later Siobhan stopped the car.

“Here we are.” She said smiling. “How long are you staying?”

“I don’t know…” I answered truthfully.

“Well, if you need me to pick you up, call me.” She said. She got out of the car and popped the trunk. I got out too and grabbed my suitcase. She walked me in to the airport.

She walked with me to check in my suitcase and then to the security.

“Well, Megs, I’ll miss you.” She gave me a big hug. She felt like she was going to break in my arms, she was so frail.

“I’m going to miss you too.” I hugged her tighter to me. I wasn’t afraid she’d break. She’s strong.

“Text me when you get to Australia.” She said pulling away still in my arms.

“I promise.” I smiled. It was 9:25.

“Flight 2956 to Australia please board.” A lady over the loudspeaker said.