chapter 7 / action!

Authors note:
I am not going into much detail about the war. It's my absolute favourite arc of One Piece and I can't do it justice in a fan fiction. If you want to picture these scenes and what happens in between them in more detail then please rewatch or reread them in the cannon story.
Now that that's out of the way let's continue. Enjoy!

_____________________________________

Y/N's POV
The war had been raging on for hours. There had been so many unexpected turns of event that we had nearly jumped into action to early at least five times. Another familiar face originating from my vision had fallen from the sky accompanied by a whole army of thugs, the marines had managed to brainwash one of Eddie's sons into stabbing him, the execution was 'secretly' begun earlier... It had been such chaos that my eyes where hurting from having to stare at the broadcasted video  with to much force.

"I can't anymore. Y/N can't we take a short break. Your eyes are about to pop out."

"Shhhh, it could happen any moment now."

"You don't know if your vision will even become reality. Maybe we have stopped it already."

"Maybe, but still..." I gasped looking at the scene before me. Are you serious I look away for one second and this happens? The execution platform was falling apart and the rubber boy, Ace, as well as all the other people that had stood upon it were falling to the ground just to be caught safely by the rubber boys extremely bloated stomach.
"Interesting move he's got there. Lou your break is over. It's getting really heated in there."
Just as I said that Ace burst into flames. Someone must have managed to open his sea prism stone cuffs.
"He's out."

"Ha I told you we already stopped your vision." The little fairy sank into the sofa closing her eyes with glee.

"No. He wasn't wearing handcuffs in my vision either. Anything can still happen."

"Arg, really? Fine, that fire hazard better be thankful for everybody's sacrifices."

"Hm" My focus was again fully on the battlefield before me. I hope Lou is right and we have stopped it. Maybe Eddie will come back with us then too.
A hopeful smile appeared on my face. Come on Ace you can do it flee with your crew and captain into safety!
As I watched the two boys fight towards freedom my hope kept building up.

"Lou! Lou, I think they might make it. Maybe Eddie can too-!"
Then as if he had heard me My old friend destroyed that hope as his booming voice echoed through the transponder snail.

"The order that I'm about to give, will be my final captain's order!"

"No, Eddie..." Tears welled up in my eyes as he continued.

"All of you, make sure you survive and reunite with each other in the New World!"

My world went dark.

I felt tiny arms wrap themselves around my neck as Lou's sweet voice whispered consolingly into my ear.
"Lou?"

"Y/N come on It's not over yet. Didn't you promise Whitebeard something?"

I dried my eyes and shot up she was right. This was no time to slack of. Also Eddie wasn't dead yet. And I would make sure he would be able to rest in peace knowing his beloved son was save.
"You're right."

___

"I hate Akainu! How dare he disrespect Eddie like that!"

"Calm down Y/N now is not the time."

I gritted my teeth glaring at the disgusting marine coated figure on my screen. Not only had he been an absolute asshole toward Whitebeard, he had made Ace turn back.
"Oh no. Lou get ready those holes he has punched look awfully familiar."
I swear if I ever come across this guy in the future I will make sure he doesn't bully anymore people ever.

Then everything happend in a matter of seconds. Ace attacked Akainu who overpowered him easily with his Devil fruit powers. Strawhat dropped his brother's Vivre card and tried to pick it up. Seeing the opportunity Akainu immediately attacked Luffy who was completely unguarded. Ace seeing his brother's life in danger jumped in the attacks way and received a gaping hole in his stomach.
He collapsed into his brother dying in his arms whilst his crew mates were fighting off Akainu.

"Shimi Shimi no Warp!"

"Freeze!"

In the blink of an eye I had created a portal to Ace's location and Lou and I had slipped through it whilst Lou prepared to freeze time upon our arrival. I had managed to get Lou to transform into a mosquito with me therefore the portal that had opened right next to Ace's left leg was so small that noone could have seen it.

It was a strange sight. All surroundings were frozen in time, some fighters still hanging mid air from their attacks or blows that they received.
I hate wars. The smell of death was lingering in the air, a mix of gunpowder and blood. A lot of blood.

"Y/N, we have to hurry!"

"Right."
I immediately got up, dropped my mosquito disguise and dragged one of the corpses scattered about into the position that Ace had been lying in. I had placed Ace on the ground next to the unfamiliar corpse that was now lying before the Strawhat's broken figure. Now it was time for the hard part.

Pardon me for using your body without your consent.
I felt slightly guilty for robbing this poor man of a truthfully named grave however it was a small price to pay in order to save a life.

"You got thirty seconds." Lou huffed clearly taking a toll from having to halt time on such large scale.
I closed my eyes and placed my hand wielding the Fata Morgana on Ace's head and my other one on the forehead of the fallen soldiers corpse.

Sweat ran down my neck as I tried to activate the Fata Morgana. I fought the spirit of the Devil fruit until it finally let it's power run through my body.
"Remodel."

As soon as I whispered those words the devil fruit power flowing through my limbs gathered to form a connection between my two arms. Slowly the fallen soldiers body began to change.
First the hair and skin colour, then the facial features, the body's build and lastly the wounds. I slowly opened my eyes to see that where I had placed the fallen soldiers body now lay a identical copy of Portgas D Ace.
"Thank goodness, it worked."

"Come on get him through the portal I can't hold out much longer!"

I enlarged the portal and carried Ace through into the Luz's safety.
Seconds after I shrunk the portal back to it's unnoticeable size and the battle cries of the war began resonating from the transponder snail once again.

Lou emerged from the portal and returned to her normal appearance huffing from exhaustion.
I closed the portal and carried Ace into my surgery room. There I placed him on the surgery table. Dammit he is definitely dead.
I checked Ace for any possible vital signs but the gaping hole in his stomach and his burned organs didn't leave much chance behind.

The spark of life has left him.