chapter 23 / the siren's call

Lou's POV

Exhausted I sank to the floor leaning against a kitchen counter for support. Rewinding time on the island aswell as all the Intruders brains had really taken my all and fighting with Y/N had taken the last bit of energy out of me.
I sighed thinking back on our argument.

"You're planning to do what!? You know that is forbidden. You would be disrespecting the entire culture and disgracing your master by doing this!"

"My master is dead and Ace needs my help! I have already completed all the preparations so don't even try to stop me Lou!"

I rubbed my head in annoyance, feeling another headache begin to pound.
Y/N wasn't an unreasonable girl. She was incredibly smart, had a good intuition and usually listened to my legitimate concerns and proposals. But why was she so dead set on this matter?
Once again a huge sigh escaped my lips. Exhausted I let my head fall back, taking a huge breath to gather some energy.
Oh well, there is no stopping her now. I should go get some rest. I really have taken a greater toll than expected.
Shaking I tried to get up. I felt incredibly light headed, grasping onto the kitchen counter.
As I began dragging myself through the kitchen I could feel myself burning up.
My vision became more and more hazy and my body's shaking increased further.
This isn't good. I-
Before I could even finish my thoughts I felt my legs give up beneath me.
As I hit the ground everything went blank.

________________________________________

"LOU! LOU, are you all right? What happened?"
After some time. Who knows how long? My conscious was tickled by a familiar voice. It sounded panicked. Who is it?

"Sh*t your burning up. Where is Y/N? Im going to bring you to the infermery so hang in there, ok?"

The infermery? That's good. I hope Y/N isn't angry at me anymore.
Wait this isn't Y/N's voice. Danger. I'm in danger.
I was about to half consciously fight the stranger holding me in his arms when my feverish brain reminded me that I had another person in my life now. A sweet and hot-headed little pirate. My student.
I felt Ace's hand gently tuck one of my white locks behind my ear, feeling his worry fill the air.

"It's going to be alright. I'm going to get Y/N. She's going to heal you. I just have to find her..."

I strained my hazy thoughts thinking about what had happened. I had made Y/N angry and possibly sad. If she wanted to be alone and cool down then she had definitely gone to that place.

"Siren's spring."

"What?"

"Y/N- (cough) she is in Siren's spring."

I broke out in a coughing fit causing Ace to worryingly pat my back until I had calmed down.

"Siren's spring... Ok, I'll be right back."

With that he ran out of the room, probably to find Y/N.
I took a deep breath and felt my head become a little clearer for a second. It was only in this short moment of consciousness my brain suddenly remembered another fact about Y/N sulking in Siren's spring.
Sh*t.
"Ace! Ace come back! Don't (cough, chough chough)."
It was to late. He was long out of earshot of my pathetic squeals.
Defeated I let myself sink back into unconsciousness. It was to late now anyways.

____________________________________________

Ace's POV

Siren's spring. Siren's spring? Where the hell is that? It sounds familiar...
Wait. All those places in the underground caves started with siren's something.
Yosh, it's settled I'm going to look there.
Hastily I ran through the island shouting for Y/N and searching for the beautiful lake that we had entered the tunnel system through earlier.