Chapter 5 / Battle preparations

Ace's POV

"Keep moving you human scum!"

I kept stumbling foreward as they pulled me by my chains like a dog on a leash. I hated these people. I wanted to show them that dogs could bite, that they had no power over me. But the sea prism stone had robbed me of all my strength.
Ironic, I guess some leashes steal the dogs bite. Oh well who cares anyway.

I didn't care anymore what happened to me. I was never meant to live anyways so I might aswell die now. The thing that worried me was my brother. Magellan had tortured me saying that he had killed Luffy with his poison but I refused to believe that.
I'm sure he's okay. He has strong friends now. However Hancock never said anything about Luffy's crew being there. What is that stupid kid thinking.

The news that Pops and my crew mates would begin a war to save me made the situation even worse.
Why can't you just let me die. I'm a demon child I don't deserve to live. Don't endanger yourselves by trying to save someone like me. Another wave of anger welled up inside me just to be drained by the sea prism stone cuffs. They really do drain one's energy to the point of not being able to feel.

"You're too slow. Trying to extend the time till your doom?"

Just let me die already.

Y/N's POV

It has been a week since our encounter with Eddie and a detailed plan was set into motion. It was a risky procedure and the tiniest mistake could lead to failure.
"At least it has been going smoothly up until now."
The official time of the execution and consequently the battle was mere hours away and so were we. Just like the Moby Dick we had decided on using the underwater way to travel only that the Luz didn't need to get coated which gave us a little more time to prepare for our part of the plan.

The Luz was my pride and joy, the product of my years spend as shipwright and scientist. She could transform into a ship, submarine, vehicle that drives on land ( which I called earth mobile) and a vehicle that could fly ( which I called air mobile). Currently she was speeding through the deep sea in her submarine form following the eternal pose Eddie had gave us.
He really is ready to sacrifice anything for one of his subordinates. But then again they are his beloved sons.

"Lou go get some rest you'll need it."

"There is no way I could sleep so shortly before battle."

"Please try. You will need the strength. I know that rewind takes a huge toll on your body."

"I know but...(sigh) You're right I'll try."

I watched the little fairy fly out of the room as a sad smile crept into my face. Another fight, Huh? Why do we have to hurt each other to achieve justice? Is what we're about to do justice? I wish I knew.

I grew up in a family that was disowned and outcast by the world. Interracial mixes are still very rare and especially elf's and fishman are quite hostile towards outsiders and other species are just as hostile towards them in return. When my grandparents decided to start a family together they had pretty much doomed us to be deemed as outsiders wherever we went. However I wasn't mad at them. If I hadn't grown up in my family I would have grown up to be just as narrow-minded and hostile towards outsiders as most people and races of this world are.
I believed that we are all equal and shouldn't judge people just because they are different.
I wonder how other elf's can spend their lifespans of up to 2000 years and still hold on to common prejudice that could be easily debunked by a simple conversation with others.

I inhaled as the pictures of the boy's childhood returned to my mind.
Poor boy. I hope that you have found that you are loved. Cause there are so many people who care for you and are willing to die for you.
"Three more hours to go. I better change into my gear."

Whitebeard POV

"Get ready my son's we are about to surface. Remember our primary goal is to save your brother. I love all of you like my own sons. So stay alive."
Please save my stupid son. Rose, I'm counting on you.

Y/N POV

"Lou wake up. Eddie's on the move."
The little fairy immediately jumped out of bed. It was a good idea to let her rest a little while. She was looking a lot better than before.

"I hope you're new device really works. Have you tested it, Y/N?"

"Of course I have. Do you remember the ninjutsu I taught you?"

"Of course I have, see." With a few handsigns puff the fairy had transformed into a regular grey mouse.
"Perfect noone will suspect anything. You look just like any mouse you would find on that clean marine base."

"Hey, I could have come from one of the pirate ships and also the marines aren't that clean."

I rolled my eyes and after checking the weapon that would play the most important role in our plan I transformed myself into a mosquito.

"A mosquito are you serious? The weakest marine will flip you out of the way with a mere wink of his blade."

"Hey noone will pay any attention to a mosquito in such a battle and also I am quite fast and small in this form so I can easily dodge any attack."

"Whatever you say, Y/N."

Sometimes this girl really made me go crazy. This was a war we were preparing for and not a fashion show. And it's not like I particularly liked being a mosquito in fact I absolutely hated these bloodsucking nuisances. Especially since they seem to love me so much or should I rather say they seemed to really like my blood.
However this was no time to ponder about such trivial things. I hoped noone would see through these disguises but I simply didn't have the energy to use my new weapon more than once on such a large scale.

My new weapon was an invention that was fairly new in the world. As soon as I heard of people combining weapons with devil fruits I immediately send a clone to learn the process of creating such a weapon and infiltrate the connected science labs.

I was really indebt to the Wano kingdom. If it weren't for my adventure there I would never be able to go through with my intelligence quests without endangering myself and Lou.
I had spend about 40 years learning to be a ninja in the Wano kingdom while disguising myself as a female citizen, who had lost her memories after nearly drowning in a river. There I had learned to create shadow clones and how to change my appearance through different jutsu so that noone could know who was behind the character I portrayed during my following quests and adventures.

The Fata Morgana was a weapon I created through my research in combing weapons with devil fruits and how devil fruits affect a person's body. She was a piece of golden jewelry that twisted from the rings that where stuck on each of my right hand fingers up to a bracelet wrapped around my upper arm. From there golden strings wrapped around my right shoulder, across my chest and around my neck to create a headpiece with a glimmering green stone in the center of my forehead.

I had combined the Bijo Bijo no Mi with this special jewelry. The devil fruit could create illusions of things and people that could also interact with their environment. All I needed was to touch a picture of or the thing itself that I wanted to create an illusion of and then send my energy into the jewelry and the illusion would be created. It had been a huge hassle to create jewelry that for one enveloped my hand in a way that I could let the devil fruit touch the picture or thing I wanted to create an illusion of and that was also connected to my brain which was the organ that interacted with the devil fruit in the devil fruit users bodies.
Of course I couldn't connect the metal directly to my brain, especially since then the devil fruit might infest my body and I would loose the ability to swim. Therefore I used a special gem into which I could pour my haki and energy when placed on my forehead. This created a similar communication between devil fruit and brain like it is found in actual devil fruit eaters.
The hassle I go through to keep my swimming ability. I had thought about just eating a devil fruit many times however that would mean that I would never be able to swim again or use fishmen karate. I may only be quarter fishmen but I couldn't bring myself to betray the mermaid in me like that.

"5 minutes left."