Don't Say Goodnight

#1 song rn is Don't Say Goodnight: HotChelleRay. Make sure you listen to it towards the end of chap.
* * *

I galloped down the stairs upon hearing the door ring.

I quickly open happy to see him.

Jake was wearing a suit with a white dress shirt and a navy blue tie. I took in his apreal. "Looking sharp aren't we?" I asked.

He had texted me earlier to wear something fancy.

"Me? You mean you? Vivian you look stunning!" He stuttered.

Iblushed. I had decided to wear the navy blue dress my dad bought for me. It has a circular neck outline for the top. While its long length bottom draped on the floor.

"Thanks my dad bought it for me."

He gave me a questioning look but didn't push for answers. "Are you ready?"

"Yea just let me grab my purse." I went back in the house to grab my bag and cut off the lights since Joyce was at her friends and Kaydence & Hayleigh. Were out with my mom for Wade's overnight basketball tournament. The house was empty.

I walk back to Jake my white bag in hand. "I'm ready."

We walked out to Jake's car. I stop walking for a minute.

" What is that?" I ask.

"My lamborghini? You like?" He asked.

"Do you want the truth?"

He nodded.

"Its one of the ugliest things I've ever seen."

He smirked.

"Thanks for the honesty."

* * *

As we drove toward the restaurant. Small talk was granted among us.

"And remember that episode when Tom made that suit out of those drapes?" Jake asked.

"That was hilarious! And then it shrunk and Jerry wore it." I asked through breaths of giggles.

"That was so funny!" He agreed.

We were quiet trying to catch our breaths.

"Vivian?" Jake questioned causing the mood to shift in his car.

"What happened to your dad?"

I sucked in a breath.

After minutes pass which felt like hours. I answer.

" He-he he-died." I stutter.

And for some reason I continue talking.

"Uhh it was about a year ago. He was at a store buying JIFFY mix for the cornbread. It was around 8:00 and as my dad was paying for it he was on the phone with me."

" I remember hearing him say these very words: I forgive you for what your about to do. I heared gunshots. And the phone falling to the ground afterwards."