I Sit and Wonder

Jake's P.O.V

I was driving home with Logan from Vivian's aunt's house. When a cat ran across the front of the car. I slammed down on the brakes, skirting to a stop.

Logan and I sat there in shock breathing hard.

" What was that?"

A puzzled Logan asked.

"How am I supposed to know?"

I jump out the car to see what happened. There was a dent in the hood of the car, the size of a tree stump.

"Holy...."

"Jake, man what was it?"

"I have no clue, bro."

My miserable voice squeaked.

My grandparents would be peed off.

As I was about to climb in the screwed up car I saw something out of the side of my eye. It was a big brown blob that moved in a medium pace. I paused and and as soon as i did it, the creature moved its head from grazing. I sucked in a breath waiting for the unthinkable. But to my surprise it was just a deer. It stood there glaring at me. I was standing as still as I could while it read me.

"Jake, dude you mind?"Logan sighed.

The deer galloped away.

I climb in the car and and shut the door quickly.

I began to start the car.

"How was your day with Jessica?" He asked as we approached the light.

"I told you that she would be one eager beaver." He said in a smirking tone.

"We had fun but I'm not really interested." I tell him.

"Yea that's what your mouth says but not your face."

"What do you mean by that. " I state in a questioning tone.

"It looked like you were having the time of your life. "

It was true i was having fun. But not with Jessica. I was happy with knowing Vivian was having a blast, even if it was with another guy.

"How was your night with Vivian?" I asked.

"Man we had the best time."

He began to launch into the story.

"We had cottin candy and rode on like 6 different rides and played arcade games too."

He said.

" At one point she was snuggled up against me because of the wind. And we talked about her personal life."

He paused.

" Its like we never got bored with each other. "

I sat there stone faced. That was my girl. She was supposed to be snuggled up to me not him. Was supposed to talk to me not him. Me! I drew in a breath. But if she was happy then was it all that bad?

" I even got her number. "

When he said that you could see the pride shining through his smile. I gripped the steering wheel tightly. But Logan didn't notice my actions.

"We had a really good time. Thanks for the invite." We were just pulling up to Logan's house.

"Thanks man."

He jumped out the car.

I watched him walk in his house. I sped away.Not wanting to look at him or his house. I grabbed my phone and texted Vivian: Hey u wanna meet up tomarrow?

Five mintiues later, she texted back: Sure y not. My phone buzzed again: Nite<3. She texted. Nite. I text back.

The rest of the way home, I thought only one thing...... That I was going to make Vivian mine. That was something I knew.